Monday, March 18, 2013

time for a date night







I feel like we need to be better about scheduling regular date nights.
Sometimes life just gets so busy and hectic.
And its not that we don't want to go on dates, I think part of it is that because we only have one kid who just happens to be very well-behaved, we just always take him with us when we go "out" on the weekends.  And then we just don't think to schedule "alone" time for us.
And we still get "alone" time every night after Madden goes to bed, obviously, but there's just something special about getting dressed up, getting a sitter, and going OUT on a date with JUST your spouse.
No other couples, no other friends, none of your kids, just the two of you.
Quality one-on-one time.

Even though I've lived in Arizona for 9 years (almost 10 total if you count this past year that we've been back), there are still so many restaurants on my bucket list that I haven't been to yet.
I'm kind of a food snob sometimes...I always tell Randy, if we're just going out to grab a quick bite to eat as a family, I'm fine with whatever...Chipotle, Red Robin, Olive Garden, In N Out, whatev!
But if we are getting a sitter and going out on a REAL date night, I ain't going to no Red Robin.
I like to go somewhere neither of us have been to and usually one on my bucket list.
Most of the restaurants on my list are in Scottsdale and Phoenix, so sometimes that means a little drive for us...but of all nights to drive 30 minutes for some really damn good tacos, then why not on a date night when we don't have our 3 year old with us and we are in no rush to be anywhere else?
So this weekend we crossed Blanco Tacos and Tequila off my list.
I've heard lots about this place...and it did not disappoint!
Just their beans and rice alone were to die for!
Best beans and rice I've ever had in my entire life!
Randy got the carne asada tacos and I got the fish tacos and we tried each others.
They were both amazing!
We also got their famous chips and guacamole as an appetizer and that was delicious too!

After dinner, we walked around the shopping center and soaked up this PERFECT evening weather.
We were at The Borgata...which doesn't even look or feel like you are in Az, but more like Italy or something (I wish!)
As we were walking around, we stumbled upon the store where I bought my wedding dress 6 years ago...which got us to reminiscing about our wedding day and our dating days...such fun memories :)
We sat on a bench in the courtyard and just talked and talked...which is exactly why its nice to go out without Madden sometimes...cuz when we're with him, we don't get to just sit there and talk un-interrupted.

Ya know that book, "chicken soup for the soul"?
Date night is like chicken soup for the marriage ;)
And its important.

2 comments:

Carly said...

Agree! So important! Also, now I'm craving mexican food. Darn you!!

Faye said...

I remember that bridal store - that's a beautiful place. I need a bucket list to start crossing off - good idea.