Man, throwing a kids birthday party is a lot of freaking work.
Probably the only reason I went to all the effort and time for this party is because I am a mother of an ONLY child.
Next year, if we have another kid (and we freaking better by then) you better believe I'm buying plastic crap from Party City.
So I hope you enjoyed it Madden...cuz I doubt it will ever happen again....
And since it most likely won't ever happen again, I had to document this once in a lifetime event by taking lots of pics.
But I have to say, this party was ONLY stressful because of all the little details and prep...NOT because there was 11 4-year old boys running around. Because truly Madden has the sweetest little friends and they were all so well behaved and cute! And thank you to some of the moms, who just happen to be great friends of mine, that stayed and helped out too :)
When the kids arrived we played a couple simple games.
First they took turns using Madden's Ironman glove that shoots foam disks to shoot pictures of villains I hung on lamp posts.
Then we played a bowling game where they took turns knocking the pins down that all had pictures of villains on them.
(forgot to get pics of my villain bowling pins...made from recycled water bottles and pics I printed off the internet. they weren't that awesome though, so you're not missing much)
And you guys, how cute are all of Madden's little friends in their superhero shirts!?
I requested on the invitation that they all wear their fave superhero shirt.
I WAS going to request that everyone wear their fave superhero costume, but considering the fact that it was almost 100 degrees out that day, I decided wearing their fave superhero t-shirts would be better.
And I love how it turned out! :)
I mean...
Look at them!
Are they not all the cutest?!?
Then we sat down for some snacks...popcorn, soda & superhero lollipops!
After snacks, the kids played on the play set for a little bit before it was piñata time!
And let me tell you how I feel about piñatas...
They are stupid and overpriced and dumb and ugly and messy and a huge waste of money.
But Madden has never had one before and it was seriously his ONE request for his party.
So I caved.
But I DID get a "safe" piñata.
Have you ever seen these before?
They are awesome!
Instead of using a bat to hit the piñata and break it open, there are a bunch of strings hanging off the bottom and the kids each take a turn pulling one string at a time and only ONE of the strings is the "magic string" that opens the trap door and releases all the candy.
No blind-folded, hyped-up-on-sugar 4 year-olds swinging around a bat dangerously at this party thankyouverymuch.
And after they all stuffed their goody bags with superhero candy, it was time for opening presents, which I got NO pictures of cuz I was too busy trying to catch all the wrapping paper and tissue paper that Madden threw at me left and right as he ferociously ripped through all 10 presents like nobodies business.
I think it was his favorite part of the party.
And then we wrapped things up with a happy birthday song and superhero cupcakes for everyone before parents came to pick the kids up.
As a party favor, each kid took home a balloon that had a tiny superhero figurine inside of it that they could keep if they could pop the balloon with their superhero strength ;)
(no pictures of that either, though...too busy cleaning crap up...but the kids loved it)
I also made the kids these superhero masks that I tried to get a picture of them all wearing, but they didn't stay on for long.
All in all, I'd say the party was a success.
A lot of work...but all worth it to see how much fun Madden and his friends had :)
So after a preschool b day celebration, a family b-day celebration and a superhero/friend b-day celebration, I'm all b-day celebration-ed out.
And so is this 4 year old superhero.
The End.
3 comments:
You're amazing. For reals. That is the cutest little party!
And who took the pics of you and Madden? SO good. Is she expensive??
You are more like an event planner than a party thrower - such cute ideas - I love all the little guys in their super hero shirts, and I never heard of a safe piñata before but that is freak'n brilliant! Way to go Tiff!
That turned out SO cute Tiff! And that very last picture of him asleep in his Hulk fists....adorable.
Post a Comment