Now that we are in full on holiday season, the days and weeks just seem to fly by.
And every weekend is jam packed full!
This weekend Madden got invited to a fun birthday party for his friend Jude.
It was a reptile theme and there was a guy who brought all these reptiles for the kids to hold and pet.
My friend Sarah took some pictures and I about died when I saw a huge snake around Madden's neck!!
I can't even believe he did it!
He had SO much fun at the party and has been talking about it non-stop ever since!
While he was at the party, Randy and I got to sneak off for a free date night :)
We've been hearing a lot about this new food truck that makes gourmet liege waffles and they just happened to be parked right by our house that night, so that was dinner :)
I had the Mellow (bottom left), Randy had the Scoop (top right).
When the guy who made our waffles handed them to us, he said, "these are gonna change your life."
And holy.freaking.hell they did.
I can't even describe to you how amazing they were!
We sat in the parking lot and ate every last bite while enjoying the view of the new Gilbert temple right across the street.
We spent the rest of our Madden-free date night putting a new crib together for the baby.
Actually, Randy tried to surprise me earlier that morning by getting our old crib out of storage and putting it together while I was out running errands…til he realized that the bolts to the crib were NO where to be found.
That thing has been through so many moves and has been in like 4 different storage units so who the hell knows what happened to the missing pieces…but it was a perfect excuse to buy a new (new to us, used on craigslist) and prettier crib for this babe :)
Putting the crib together was the last big thing that needed to be done to get this nursery ready for baby…
And now its my favorite place to hang out….and wait for baby to come :)



1 comment:
So have you ever made liege waffles? It's our Christmas morning tradition and we've been making them for years. I absolutely LOVE them. I only make them on Christmas so they seem even more special! :)
Post a Comment