Okay, so I know that we haven't even had Thanksgiving yet and it may seem a little early to be putting up our Christmas tree and all our Christmas decorations...but Christmas is my FAVORITE time of the year, and as soon as Halloween is over, I just wanna get ready for Christmas! Don't get me wrong, I do love Thanksgiving and I am really looking forward to it this year... but I always feel like the Christmas season passes by way too fast so I just like to stretch it out and celebrate it for as long as I possibly can. : ) (I even listened to Christmas music on my way to work the morning after Halloween!)
I have been pretty sick all weekend with a bad cold, and I've been really bummed about it, so on Saturday Randy decided to cheer me up by putting up our Christmas Tree and all our Christmas decorations and then taking me Christmas shopping! And it put me in the best mood ever! I just love this time of year! We had so much decorating our Christmas tree and then going Christmas shopping! Then we came home and watched a Christmas movie (Elf!) and wrapped all our christmas gifts and put them under the tree. It was seriously the funnest weekend and really put me in the Christmas spirit! The only thing that made it NOT feel like Christmas was the fact that it was 84 degrees outside while we were Christmas shopping! But oh well: ) That didn't stop us from having some hot chocolate later that night while we wrapped Christmas gifts! LOL! I have to admit I am a little embarassed to admit we did all this so early in the year...but you have to give us a break because it is our very first christmas together and we are very excited!: )
7 comments:
Tiff you guys are so silly and so cute! I love the fact that you have already put up the Christmas tree, I agree that this time of year goes by fast. I just wish I could talk my hubby into gettin in all up and all the shopping done this soon. :) I love it! Oh and they were already playin Christmas music on the radio at night after halloween too. :P
Wow! Would you come and decorate for me and do my Chistmas shopping too? You are all over this holiday! Good for you!
Randy- so sweet of you to set up the tree early and take Tiff shopping. By the time you get to your third Christmas together, Tiff will say "honey, lets set the tree up, I'm in the Christmas mood" and your response will be: "if you want the tree up, do it yourself, I'm busy watching football" Then she'll say, "sweetheart, how bout we go shopping together"? And your response will be "you go ahead without me, shopping is the most boring thing in the whole world"
At that point, you will need to explain to Tiff that Christmas is not about trees or shopping....it's about food, and lots of it.
See you guys next week,
Love, Dad
I am so jealous! I looove Christmas too, maybe I should fake sick so Fuz will feel bad and let me do that! I'm not supposed to even talk about it for the next week or so :) We'll have to come see your handy work.
Sounds fun guys! I'm sad because I don't even get a chance to decorate my house or do any of our usual Christmas traditions this year. We leave on Monday and we're gone for 7 weeks! Geez! We can't wait to see you guys though : )
Love the tree!!!! We are excited to put our first tree up too, but we are not as on the ball as you two love-birds! You guys look great. Girls night this weekend??
Okay, you crack me up. I'm jealous of your tree- I'm pretty sure that given the choice, Ryan would want to put ours up on the 20th or so, and take it down immediatly following the mandatory photos. Haha. That being said they way I want it (and the way it will be) ;) is up on the day after Thanksgiving, and down on the day after Christmas. The 26th is my birthday and I LOVE decorating but HATE taking it all down and putting it away so I make my family do it as a gift to me! haha!
Miss you!
Post a Comment