
It is official! Exactly 18 weeks from today I will be running in the San Francisco Marathon! Which means, today is the day I officially begin my 18-week training program! I have been running a lot and have been thinking about it a lot and finally decided to go ahead and go for the full marathon, rather than the half. (Thanks for that extra push I needed to make that decision, Holly!) I am so excited to run a marathon period, but I am even more excited that my first one (and possibly only one) will be in the beautiful city of San Francisco that I grew up nearby! I love that city so much and have so many wonderful memories there. I think the memories I have of that place as well as the beautiful scenery there will make my first marathon experience that much more enjoyable. I have read up on the course the marathon follows throughout the city and cannot wait until the morning of August 3rd when I will be running by the following:
Pier 39
Fisherman's Wharf
The Marina
The Presidio overlooking the San Francisco Bay
Across the Golden Gate Bridge
Vista Point
Golden Gate Park
Stow Lake
Under the Bay Bridge
And so the countdown begins...
Sunday, March 30, 2008
runsfm
Posted by
Tiffany
at
12:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
wow that is really beautiful! that sounds fun... good luck!
I'm impressed Tiff! Good luck - hopefully someday I'll be running one too. I'm starting to think it might not be until I'm 40 years old...
I'll kill you. Those pictures make me homesick. Maybe I'll come to cheer you on.
Yea!!!!!!! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear all about it! We'll have to go running together once I pop this girl out.
That is so awesome--I admire anyone who can make the commitment to do a full marathon. It is such an accomplishment. Can't wait to read all about it. :)
You are so awesome! I am so living vicariously through you! LOL!!
Good LUck!
You are crazy girl.....but I am proud of you and we'll be there to support you.
You are one brave chica! I still don't understand why you love running so much, you almost make me want to start,haha:)! Good Luck
Good FOr You!! I love San Francisco! That should be a beautiful run! Ill go and cheer for you on the sidelines.hehe
That is so exciting. You will do great! I just was talking to my dad tonight and asked him if he wanted to train to do the Portland Marathon in October...he's not sure yet. We just got a treadmill so I am excited to start running again. I'm sorry it didn't work out to see each other when I was down there. Next time!
You go Tiff! I think your goal is awesome and I just feel lucky that we will get to have you out here in California for a while before and after your Marathon. It's exciting and feels like it will come up on us quickly. Yeah!
My co worker and I are most likely doing this marathon. The only thing holding us back is that I haven't started training yet. But we are starting this weekend. SO.. if we end up doing we should meet up.
Post a Comment