Monday, September 14, 2009

And the worst wife of the year award goes to...

ME.

Conversation between Randy and I on Saturday morning, September 12:


RANDY to Madden: "Happy Birthday Madden!"
ME, confused: "What are you talking about, it's not Madden's birthday."
RANDY, as if he didn't hear me the first time: "Happy Birthday Madden! You're the birthday boy!"
ME, confused and flustered, trying to pack a bag for our weekend in the city and making sure I have everything for the baby and everything I need for the race: "Babe, what are you talking about? It is not Madden's birthday!"

another 1o minutes passes by...

RANDY, to me: "Happy Birthday babe!"
ME, with a stunned look of realization on my face: "OH MY GOSH! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABE!"

Yes, in my flustered attempt to get us all packed for our weekend in the city and to the train station on time. AND amidst my nervousness and butterflies that I always get the day before a big race, I forgot to wish my very wonderful husband a very happy birthday.

Luckily he wasn't mad. In fact he thought it was funny. And I think he is relieved that he now gets a "free pass", should he ever forget an anniversary or birthday of mine in the future...

Happy Birthday, Babe! Thank you for still loving me! XOXOXO


P.S. And just so we are clear, I didn't completely forget...I had a b-day card signed and sealed and dinner reservations for us that night in the city...It just wasn't the first thing that crossed my mind when I woke up saturday morning.

6 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

That is too funny!!!!

Briana said...

Too funny! What race were you running in? I love that you do that. I really do want to get into it eventually.....:)

Lynnette said...

LOL :)
Good luck with your race!

Anonymous said...

Derick was telling me about this and it really is pretty funny! Sounds like something I would do...I always remember birthdays beforehand, but then forget the day of. Hopefully Derick won't have to drop any hints on December 15 that it's his day! :-)

Lewis Family said...

haha That is so funny. Packing is deff. much harder with a baby. I swear I pack more for him then I do for Jordan and I put together. Good luck at the race. Tell Randy we said Happy Birthday : )

Robinette Family said...

That's too funny. It sounds like your husband has a very good sense of humor though, so that's good.