Can you tell how excited I am to be holding this bib # in my hand???
That's cuz I almost didn't get it.
The Chicago Marathon sold out in record time this year.
And I didn't register in time.
So I found a girl months ago on craigslist selling her bib.
Trained for 18 weeks.
And then had a minor freakout last night when I thought she may have changed her mind.
This bib is like gold to me.
So precious...
I think I am going to sleep with it tonight.
And then I'm going to wake up at 3:30 a.m. to pin it to my stomach,
Drive into the city all by myself,
And run 26.2 miles.
For the third time.
Wish me luck.
"Every runner has a story. Every human being has a story, and they bring that to this event. The stories are what motivate them, and those all contribute to this race. At its core, a marathon is all about individual effort. Each runner can control the process. And it's simple, from Point A (deciding to run) to Point B (the finish line). People are drawn to the individual expression of it. The chance to look inside yourself."
-Carey Pinkowski
Executive Race Director

11 comments:
Oh my gosh, good luck! That's great that you were able to get in.
I can't believe you do this. It's awesome. I totally admire it.
I can't run to save my life. Seriously. I can like run down the street and then I am done.
You're gonna do awesome!
dying of excitement for you!!! hurry and run it so you can call me!!
oh my gosh i would have freaked out if the girl backed out!! i love this pic, and the quote. hope all goes well tomorrow!!
Good luck! We're rooting for you!
CAN'T wait for you to call me!!! So excited for you.
I can't wait to be able to run again! But until then, I'm living through you and Shel's running! Keep it up!
I can't believe you have ran 3 FULL marathons! That is so awesome! My friend ran the chicago one too! Hope you did good :)
You're so happy! Adorable. :)
hope everything went well!! I want to do a 1/2 marathon...so I need some tips!!! it was such a beautiful day today too!
I am seriously so proud of you!! Congrats on being able to do that marathon. You are amazing. Can't wait to hear all about it.
We tracked your time during the race. Thanks for setting that up...and way to go Tiff. Love you...
Post a Comment