Saturday, October 16, 2010

watch this video

I know a lot of you read Nie Nie Dialogues and may have already watched this video.
Maybe some of you don't/haven't.
I hadn't checked her blog in a while and then stumbled upon this video today....
(but before you watch it, pause the music on my sidebar because you can't get the full effect of this amazing video without hearing the beautiful song that accompanies it)




Not only does reading this blog make me admire this family for their incredible strength and unwavering faith.
But it also makes me thankful for the many blessings in my life that I take for granted.
It seems so silly to me that I just wrote a blog post about running my third marathon and I was actually complaining about how the heat caused me to get a slower time and I was upset about it
When I should be thankful my body can even do what it did.
So silly...

Everyday I am thankful for the obvious blessings in my life...my wonderful husband, my healthy baby boy, the gospel.
I sometimes forget to be thankful for something as simple as my fully-functioning body and my health.

And today I am thankful.
I may still walk funny for a couple of minutes when I first get out of bed in the morning as a result of my stiff muscles.
I may have lost two entire toenails since the race and the result is not pretty.
I may be limited in the shoes I can wear right now because of the huge blisters on both of my baby toes.
But if that is all I have to complain about...
Then I am thankful.

7 comments:

Michele said...

I saw this too and it made me feel the same way. i'd love to have a video of my family like this!

John said...

Good post there Tippy

Nancy said...

Very sweet video- thanks for sharing

Faye said...

I haven't checked on the Nie Nie Dialogues in a while - thanks for sharing. Beautiful song - not to mention the video.

Ginger said...

Love it. The song is sooo good! And what a cute video/reminder of why we need to appreciate the little things in life. I'll try to complain a little less this week:) Thanks for inspiring me to be better!

annalisa said...

That's so cute. I haven't looked @ her blog in a long time...Did you see her other video, "My New Life"? That one makes me cry every time! The same girl is singing in both videos... I've got the CD if you want a copy! :)

Tiffany said...

YES I want a copy of the Cd Annalisa! And yes, I have seen her other video called "My New Life" and love that one too. I didn't realize that was the same girl singing in both videos. I'll have to get a copy of that cd from you ;)