The older Madden gets, the more fun Halloween gets!
This year he was a biker:
We took Madden to Midwestern Universitys Halloween Carnival. They put one on every year and have all sorts of fun games the kids can play and then they get candy each time they play a game. Last year Madden was too young to play anything, so it was fun to watch him play some of the games this year. He played the Ring Toss, the Bean Bag Toss, the Skee Ball, the Bowling Pins...pretty much anything that required throwing something he was great at. :) He was a little confused about putting the candy in his bucket after he played each game though: He would pick out a piece of candy and then try to throw it where he was just throwing the bean bag or ball. Then after about the 4th or 5th game, while standing in line for another game, he suddenly realized all the candy was in his "goonga" he had been carrying around and decided to plop down right there in the middle of the gym and start eating it. :)
Other weekend festivities included our annual Ward Trunk-or-Treat.
Madden had so much fun playing games, chasing all the other kids around in their costumes, and trunk-or-treating!
I tried to teach Madden to say "trick-or-treat" before Halloween, but it didn't happen. Instead, he walked around all night saying "goonga" and "Roooaaarrrr!" (He roars anytime he sees something scary.)

Madden is obsessed with trains and cars lately. Anything Thomas or Lightening McQueen, the kid can spot from miles away. For real. No matter where we were at the party or how crowded it was, he seemed to always spot "Thomas" and would drop whatever he was doing and make a beeline for him, calling out "Choo-Choo!! Choo-Choo!!" Luckily, Dylan was very sweet and took a picture with Madden...although Madden wouldn't even look at the camera....I think he is trying to kiss Thomas' face in this picture...

Everyone loved Madden's costume...even without the mustache we had originally planned to be part of the costume. Sadly the mustache did not happen. :( Its a long story, but we lost the original and when we went back to get a replacement, they were gone. I tried to make one but Madden would NOT leave it on for even a second.
Oh well...
He was still one cute little bad ass biker baby :)
Halloween has become one of my fave holidays since having a kid!
Not just because its fun to get Madden all dressed up and take him trick-or-treating
But cuz then when we get home and he goes to bed, I get to stay up late raiding his halloween bucket and stuffing my face with delicious candy :)
Happy Halloween!







14 comments:
he looks so cute and that looks like a fun carnival thing. i wish we had gone to something like that instead of running from car to car in the pouring rain last night! halloween is one of my favs now too because i have already eaten most of the candy my kids got.
When I have a boy I will be stealing all of your cute boy costume ideas. So cute! And YES, of course I remember our fireman costumes. We were hot back then. :)
lol, what do you mean "back then" Marianne? You don't think I'm still hot???? ;)
He does make a pretty cute biker. Thanks for sharing the pictures - we missed the ward Trunk or Treat and had no trick-or-treaters as usual so Halloween was a non-event around here - thanks for sharing yours:)
that costume is awesome! Where did you find that? He is so handsome! Happy Halloween!! :)
Jenna, the coat and faded jeans are both from The Children's Place. And then we just bought the bandana at walmart.
oh man he's such a stud. kicking myself for not going to the trunk or treat. :(
Cutest biker I've ever seen!
Cute costume! I can't believe the mustache didn't make it - you made him cry for nothing! Haha!
Madden looks awesome!
I love it.
He is SUCH tough shit!!!! lol, Really, really cute Tiff!
Madden Knevil
Cutest biker babe ever.
Oh my gosh!! He is the cutest little biker ever:)!
Post a Comment