Monday, September 5, 2011

the negotiator



conversation between Madden and I a few weeks ago as we were walking out the door to run errands:

me: "No, Madden, you can't bring all those trains with you. You can't even carry them all and you're just going to drop them and lose them. How about you pick one to take with you?"

the negotiator: "umm...how 'bouuuut...seven."



conversation between Madden and I a few weeks ago when I was trying to get him to eat something for lunch:

me: "do you want...a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?"

the negotiator: "umm...how 'bouuuut...a cookie."

me: "you can have a cookie after you eat a sandwich."

the negotiator: "umm...how 'bouuuut...a cookie sandwich."



And just for the record, no I did not make him a cookie sandwich for lunch.
The negotiator is good...but not that good.
But I may or may not have let him take all of his trains on our errand-run.
Cuz sometimes you just have to pick your battles.

5 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Oh I leave that battle every day. Charlotte carries her barbie, seven necklaces, a brush, and her two blankies almost every where.

Cara said...

Too FUNNY! OH man how I wish you lived closer!! I want to hang out with you and all the B's and for Madden and Cy and Ryken to be buddies!!

Michele said...

ooo I kind of love this stage. Both my kids do this and I seriously think it's hilarious. And I'm exactly the same. You totally have to choose your battles... so Boss might wear 3 superman shirts on top of each other, but we don't have popsicles for breakfast.

Faye said...

So glad I was just there - cause I can visualize him saying that and hear his little voice. So adorable!

Cheryl said...

That is too funny! I love the things that kids come up with.