Wednesday, January 4, 2012

potty training






potty training sucks
disney pixar underwear...mater pull-ups...cars 2 squinkie rewards...mint chocolate cookie rewards...homebound...lots of laundry...disinfectant spray...juicy juice boxes...strawberry milk...tears...headaches...frustration...calling my sisters every 2 seconds for tips...saying 1000x a day "do you need to go potty?"...so close to quitting...harder than I thought
potty training sucks

the end.

10 comments:

Carly said...

Oh, Lord. I can't wait. (I can! I can!!!)

Nancy said...

Don't do it! lol. How old is he?? It can be easier- just WAIT! :)

Tiffany said...

Nancy, he's 2 1/2. 2 years and 8 months, to be exact. And I wasn't ready for this, but he was very interested after he watched his cousin Avery (who is younger than him!) doing it all by herself while they were here visiting this week. So I felt like I HAD to start. And I might regret it a little. But its too late to go back now...

Nicki Dunn said...

Tiffany- found your blog via Alysha's. Potty training sounds like it sucks big time, but look at what a cutie he is! Seriously darling.

Mandy said...

Two things:
1) Yes, it sucks.
2) It will be worth it.

I heard somewhere that potty training is the most under-appreciated thing in life. Think about it - when was the last time you thanked your parents for potty training you?? Ha ha.

Hang in there.

Tiffany said...

Mandy...not even joking, I had that thought last night as I was cleaning up Madden's #2 accident. I thought, "I have newfound respect for my mom that she did this 5 times for all 5 of her children." for reals.

Jenna said...

Good luck!! It's so hard!!

Nancy said...

lol- I'm draggggging my feet with Liv. She's Aug 20th b-day so 2 years 4.5 months and just not quite there. It's weird because Jillian trained herself at 2 years 3 months and that was after a couple months of me ignoring her requests to stop wearing diapers because I was very pregnant with Liv and lazy. I thought it would be hard but it turned out that she never once had an accident. Seriously. In her life, she's had less accidents than I could count on one hand and they were honestly all my fault because I pushed her amazing ability to hold it a little too far.

And so, as you might imagine, I'm feeling less than excited to start the process with Liv who just does not seem to be "there" yet. She's SUPER interested and talks about it all the time, but... I keep telling myself if I wait until Liv is really "ready" it will be as easy as it was with Jillian. We will see! HAHA!

Good luck- 3 years old is a good goal for boys to be potty trained through the day so you've still got some time to work with. Madden seems really smart though- so I'm sure this will all be a distant memory in a week or so!

Jennifer and Brad said...

Soo not looking forward to this day! My Mom swears by fruit loops in the toilet for aiming targets for boys :)You are doing awesome I sure!!

Faye said...

Wow! I have "new-found respect" . I like that :) Guess that means potty training can't be all bad - at least not from my perspective now anyway.