Our move across the country consisted of:
1 overnight stay at a scary-ass Comfort Inn & Suites in Oklahoma City where we made Madden a ghetto little bed on a pull-out couch and he said with a huge smile on his face "I like our new house!"
Lots and lots of energy drinks. And beef jerky. And candy bars. I need to go on a junk food cleanse like yesterday.
Madden listening to me belt out the likes of Mariah Carey, Spice Girls, Amy Grant, Debbie Gibson, & Paula Abdul.
Madden asking me about 1,456,743 times "Are we there yet?"
A 3 day stay in Snowflake at Randy's parents house where Madden soaked up some cousin time.
Then a short drive down to the Mesa valley where Randy and I unloaded the moving truck into a storage unit in 104 degree heat.
A fun overnight stay at our friends Fuz and Michelle's where Madden and Nash became new BFFs.
And finally, an 11 hour drive to California to stay with my parents for the summer while Randy studies for boards and I cope with Chicago-withdrawals.
As soon as we got here, my parents whisked us off to Lake Tahoe for an amazing weekend at my dad's golf resort, Lahontan, or as we like to call it, Laheaven.
Thanks Mom & Dad for a wonderful, relaxing weekend that was just what we needed after our move!
And thank you for giving us a place to stay this summer!
We are so lucky to have so many wonderful friends and family members helping us out through this transition!
And we are excited for a fun summer in California!
And we are excited for a fun summer in California!

















1 comment:
Hooray for being in California for the summer! I am so excited you guys are here!
Post a Comment