Friday, June 15, 2012

making memories of us

Remember 5 years ago today when we got married and our first stop as husband and wife was QT for a big diet coke?

Remember when we spent our 1st anniversary in Carmel and we thought we'd get a romantic couples massage...but instead of a romantic side-by-side couples massage it was a super awkward one-person-gets-massaged-at-a-time-while-the-other-person-not-getting-massaged-sits-there-and-watches-awkwardly massage?

Remember when we took these family pics up in Snowflake...and we had no idea that I was pregnant at the time? :)

Remember when I was a hormonal pregnant person and we stopped at a gas station and I asked you to get me a diet pepsi but instead you got me a diet coke and I cried and refused to drink it?

Remember when we planned the perfect 1st birthday party for Madden at a really nice park in Downers Grove...and then a TON of homeless people showed up out of no where and crashed the party?  

Remember when Ames left Bachelor Pad for Jackie and then a couple weeks later you left me a love note and added  at the end of it "P.S. I'd leave Bachelor Pad for you" and I thought it was the most romantic thing you had ever said to me?

Remember when I waited in a ridiculously long line in the freezing cold on Black Friday to get Madden a train table for Christmas...and then a couple days later you found a way bigger way cooler one and took mine back and bought this one instead?
Remember Madden's face when he saw it Christmas morning?

Remember when we weren't sure we'd be able to take a graduation trip because we thought we'd have another baby our last year in school, but then we didn't and so we went on an awesome, romantic, kid-free cruise to the Bahamas?
And then we were really poor so you said the cruise counted not only as a graduation trip, but also as our anniversary, birthday, christmas and valentines day?



Cheers to making lots more memories of us...


Happy Anniversary, husband!
I love you!
xoxo

P.S. I really WOULD leave Bachelor Pad for you!

5 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I always love your posts. You guys are so cute.

Cheryl said...

Happy Anniversary! Crazy how time flies. "Making Memories of Us" is the song that Derick and I danced to at our wedding.

I think I'll somehow always remember you guys around this time of year because it was such a good time for all of us!

Nicki Dunn said...

That was too adorable! I loved it!!! Happy 5 years.

Carly said...

What a great post! Hope you had a great anniversary!

Unknown said...

this is the cutest thing ive ever seen!! i love this. i might have to steal this idea come jan...