We missed Randy this 4th of July :(
He started his new job in Arizona a couple weeks ago and Madden and I stayed behind at my parents in California.
Part of the reason we stayed here longer was for this very specific reason...
...the 4th in Lake Tahoe.
I know I say this all the time, but its rare that all 5 of my siblings get to be together
And it'd been over 2 years since all the Hunt grandkids had been together!
But the planets aligned and we were all able to meet in Tahoe for the 4th of July.
(Minus Randy and Paul who were both starting brand new jobs.)
Delicious food, lots of ridiculously late nights, way too many cookies, glitter pedicures, a girls spa day & a guys golf day, lots of cousin playtime, picnics & gorgeous weather, gondola rides, lots of pool time, a 4th of july parade, concerts in the park accompanied by some pretty entertaining dancing, sparklers, an amazing fireworks show at lahontan and a pretty hilarious game of "who would you rather??"
The 4th was always one of my fave holidays to celebrate in Chicago and I knew I'd really miss it this year :(
So I'm glad I got to spend it with my family in a special place like Lahontan. :)
Thanks Mom & Dad, for a wonderful weekend!
Hope everyone had a happy 4th of july!












2 comments:
You guys always take the best trips B!! Madden is getting so big!! Can't wait till you get here:):)
Your fam is too gorgeous! Period. Oh and I missed your face in Downers Grove. I kept thinking how perfect OUR 4th would have been if we were with you:(
Post a Comment