Monday, July 30, 2012

home is wherever I'm with you



Ya know how hardly anyone blogs anymore these days??
Yeah, well, I'm not gonna turn into one of those peeps.
Just so ya know.
I'm determined to keep this blog going, even if the only person that reads it is my mom.
(hi mom!) :)




Here's a little bit of what our lives have looked like since our move to Arizona...


Lots of unpacking and decorating and crafting/home decor projects...
(see pics above and poster below)
Thank you, Pinterest!



Lots of family swim time at our apartment pool...
Just one of the reasons we were more than happy to stick with apartment living rather than looking for a house...constant access to a pool without the maintenance or the cost that comes with having your own in your backyard :)



Lots of driving by the construction of the Gilbert temple that is mere minutes from our apartment...
Madden asks every.single.time we drive by, "Mom, is the temple done yet?  Can I go in it yet, Mom?"
I have a feeling I'm gonna be hearing that sentence for a long time yet to come.



Lots of monsoons....
We moved here at the perfect time of year...(well, aside from the ridiculously high temps)...I love me some monsoon season!



Lots of visits to Sonic to cool us off in this heat...
Everytime I put Madden in his hot carseat, he tells me, "Mom its really hot in here!  I think I need a nice cold drink..."
He is his mother's child.



Lots of pool/splash pad playdates with friends...
New friends for Madden, old friends for me :)  Its been SO much fun to re-unite with so many old college roomates and friends of mine.  And the best part is just about every.single.one of them have boys Maddens age.  He's met so many new fun friends he can't even keep their names straight!



Life is good! :)

8 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I still read too so you'd better not quit!!! And LOVE your little projects. So cute.

Carly said...

I, too, am an avid Brimhall blog reader. Please don't let me down! LOVE the art work you have in the new place. So personalized...and awesome! xo

Nicki Dunn said...

Those signs are so cute! How do you keep the lettering perfect? I'm feeling the nagging blogging thing. I'm kinda over it but then I LOVE to look back at entries from a year or two ago, so I figured better keep with it. Love decorating a new place! Have fun:)

Ali and Bryan Packard said...

I am a devoted blog stalker to your blog! And omg seriously LOVE your new wall decor! I'd love to see what you've done with my room;)

Unknown said...

i love everything about this! i totally still blog and need to catch up... also your crafts are so stinkin cute....

dito on the whole renting thing-i seriously am not ready to own a house yet!

i cant wait for the temple to finish up!

we should totally get together running sometime-weird we dont really know each other but its totally cool. or if its too hot for running my girls and i always are up for sonic :)

P+B said...

Um hello I totally read your blog! Also, I love your artwork! My DIY's never turn out, boo.

The Youngs said...

Don't you love that Sonic is so close?!

Faye said...

Your projects are totally impressing me. I'm SO glad you are a devoted blogger!