Have you seen the rain gutter book shelves all over pinterest??
I've been wanting to do something similar in Maddens room for a long time, what with the ginormous book collection we have from my kindergarten teaching years.
I've always liked the idea of having a cozy little reading corner in Madden's room.
And besides having a cute place to display the stacks and stacks of books we have, did you know that kids are more likely to read more when the books are displayed like this??
But when I read about how to do the rain gutter ones, it sounded like a total need-to-know-how-to-use-tools-and-look-like-you-know-what-you're-doing-at-a-home-depot type home project.
And after the doozy of a home project my table-and-chairs turned out to be, I was all about taking the simplest, easiest, quickest route.
So I just bought a couple picture ledges from good ol' IKEA and voila!
Then I converted his shelves we used to use to store toys and threw all his toys in a huge toy box and used the cubbies as book shelves instead.
I love how it turned out!
And Madden gave it 2 thumbs up as well ;)
It makes me happy when I walk by his room and see him looking at the books on his display shelf or curled up in his bean bag chair looking through a book. :)
Oh so happy!


3 comments:
Love them! I have been eyeing those rain gutter shelves too but just haven't taken the initiative to start them. I am loving all of your craftiness:)
That looks awesome! I've been wanting to do something like that too. I'm jealous of your ginormous book collection....and we have a better one than a lot of ppl I know. Can you recommend some books for this age? I just never know where to begin with selecting books for Lincoln.
sooo cute!! i need to do this!
Post a Comment