Tuesday, October 2, 2012

on being a stay-at-home-mom


its the best.

I feel like Madden grew up so much in just the week I was gone in Chicago.
He's taller.
He talks different.
He eats different.
He's funnier.
He has new words in his vocabulary and new mannerisms.
Seriously.
How long was I gone for!?

I feel like I can't get enough of him ever since I've been back home.
I didn't even want him to go back to preschool last week cuz I could hardly stand to be away from him for 2 hours!
How pathetic am I!?

Most of my days with Madden are filled with running errands, house projects, preschool, playdates, lunch with friends, QT runs and household chores...But in between the busy-ness of our daily grind, we also have conversations about which dinosaur is "really cooler" T-Rex or Triceratops, which superhero Madden should be for Halloween, Ironman or the Hulk, why Moms and Dads have "shavers" (aka razors) but little boys can't have them, and how if we would just please buy him a pet baby goat with little tiny horns he promises he'd take really good care of it.

I wish I could record our conversations, cuz when his Dad gets home from work and I try to tell him all about them, its just not the same.  Its like its one of those "guess ya just had to be there" things.

And I'm glad I'm here.
With Madden.
Every single day.



"I love my cousins, my friends, mom, dad and the avengers." - Madden 10/1/12

4 comments:

Josie said...

A pet goat?? lol. He's too funny.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

there really is NOTHING better. i'm seriously considering home schooling my kids because i cannot stand the thought of sending sage to kinder next year.

robyne said...

He is so dang cute!!

Unknown said...

he is so cute and so funny! he is lucky to have you. i needed this today.