Last week, Madden had his first day of Preschool.
This is his 2nd year of preschool, which means next year he will be in kindergarten!!
Where does the time go?!?! (do I say that a lot on this blog???)
We did a little back-to-school shopping the weekend we got home from our California trip and he wanted all these cheesy cartoon character shirts with obnoxious superheroes on them.
I wanted him to wear this cute polo and white shorts.
We also couldn't agree on a backpack...I wanted him to get a cool "big boy" one with a hurley logo on it, while he picked out, of course, an obnoxious cheesy batman one.
So we compromised....I told him he could get the backpack he wanted if I could pick out his first day of school outfit.
Done.
He is going to a new preschool this year, so he was a little nervous and shy on the first day, but other than that it went pretty smoothly and 2 1/2 hours later when I picked him up, he had a huge smile on his face and loved his first day!
Our first day of school tradition is a happy meal at McDonalds after preschool pick up, where Madden gave me the full report on his first day:
He told me how nice both of his teachers are, how his teacher has bunnies in her backyard, how he got to pick a treasure from the treasure box, and how there are no naughty kids in his class, only nice kids :)
Until this new baby gets here, sometimes I don't even know what to do with myself for 2 1/2 hours 3 days a week while he is in school.
I can only work out lightly with this pregnancy, so that doesn't take up too much time...I try to get errands done and grocery shopping and things like that, but that doesn't need to happen 3 days in a row...I've scheduled lunches with friends and fun things like that to fill my time.
But I really miss Madden when he's at school and sometimes its just a little too quiet without him.
I get so excited to go pick him up and hear all about his day.
And then we usually come straight home, have an after school snack, turn on a show and he cuddles up to me and falls asleep on my shoulder, exhausted from a hard day at preschool ;)
Its my favorite part of the day.
his eyelashes! drool!
2 comments:
What?! I can't believe he's going to kindergarten next year! Crazy! He's so cute. Caleb said he wishes he could wear that polo to his school!
You get the sweetest pictures :)
Post a Comment