5 - 15 - 14
Oh, my little preschool graduate.
2nd time around.
Madden absolutely loved preschool this year, even more than last year!
He loved his teachers, he loved "treasure tuesdays", he loved the bunnies in his teachers backyard, he loved every single kid in his class, and he loved coming home and telling me about all the new things he learned.
One thing he DIDN'T ever come home and tell me about was the songs he learned at preschool.
I don't know what it is about this kid, but he hates singing.
Won't do it.
All year long my friend whose little boy was in the same class would tell me about the cute preschool songs he'd come home singing and I could not for the life of me get Madden to sing even one for me.
So at preschool graduation, the rest of the class sang while he just stood there with his hands in his pockets and a big goofy grin on his face.
He DID recite the pledge of allegiance though :)
After some songs and sweet words from the teachers, each kid had their name read and would slide down the slide to go get their medal and diploma from Miss Kerri and Miss Renee...
There was cookies and milk afterwards and a big goodie bag for each kid, filled with cute photo albums and projects from over the past school year.
This was their yearbook picture:
Apparently, Madden wants to be a superhero when he grows up :)
And instead of explaining to him that thats not a real job, I'm just gonna keep letting him be little and believe that superheros ARE real and he CAN be one when he grows up.
I was just telling Randy the other day how I love picking up Madden at preschool and how whenever I pick him up, every single kid yells "bye Madden!" and he says bye to them all and calls them all out by name, "Bye Riggs! Bye Jackson! Bye Jase! Bye Greyson! Bye Mya! Bye Briar! Bye Nolan!"
Its funny, because he didn't know any of these kids (except for Jase) at the beginning of the school year and now they are all little buddies. Its been so eye-opening for me as a mom to see that my once shy little boy doesn't need his mommy there to facilitate all his friendships. That he is capable of making friends on his own and that he is a kind boy who other kids want to play with and be friends with.
Now that he has finished 2 years of preschool, he is definitely ready for all-day kindergarten.
But am I ready!??
Now thats a whole other story...
I feel anxious and nervous in my stomach when I think about my baby being in a BIG school with LOTS of kids and a HUGE class full of kids he doesn't know.
I worry about whether he will have anyone to sit by at lunch or play with on the playground.
I worry about whether he will be brave enough to stick up for himself if someone is being mean to him.
And I worry about whether he will be influenced by mean kids or if he will keep being the nice boy he has always inherently been.
So many worries...
But I know he will do just fine.
I just need to let go and remind myself that he needs to figure these things out on his own and that he doesn't need his mommy right by his side to help him figure these things out.
But guys, I'm not gonna lie, I might cry like a baby on my way home after dropping him off for his first day of kindergarten.
I'm gonna stop writing about it now or I might start crying this instant.
The End.




No comments:
Post a Comment