Wednesday, June 18, 2014

while dad was away...

6 . 7 . 14


Randy recently left town (on business) for a quick weekend.
Its not like 2 kids is kicking my butt or anything, but with my back problems, there are a lot of things that are hard for me to do without Randy around to help, so he was a little worried about leaving me and kept asking me if we'd be ok.
I assured him we would.
The first day he was gone, I took the boys to see The Lego Movie at the $ theater and this shit happened...



Literally.

Beckett NEVER has explosive diapers like this, but of course he saved it for when Dad was gone and Mom was all on her own.
Just giving this kid a bath on my own with my back problems is nearly impossible, but I managed.
Barely.




Luckily, Madden is a great big brother and such a big help.
He styled and combed Beckett's hair after bath time...



And then kept Beckett happy and entertained and taught him how to cuddle his stuffed animals while I iced and stretched my back..




Maybe Beckett will inherit Madden's love for burying himself in stuffed animals...
(see old pics of Madden below...)



After being such a great helper all weekend, I took Madden to the Home Depot kids workshop and then out for lunch and ice cream.




Fun weekend with my two littles.
But man were we glad to have Daddy back...

No comments: