Monday, April 18, 2016

Kitchen Remodel

When we first bought our home, the kitchen was my least favorite room in the house.
It was just a lot of brown and black and it felt dark and small.
I have always always wanted a beautiful, bright, white kitchen and so when we bought the house, we figured we would eventually update it.
And when the time came, I was so excited!
But I didn't realize how much work and stress and sweat and tears would go into this project!
And when it sucked and it was hard, I just kept telling myself that when it was all finished, it would all be worth it.
I told Randy that this kitchen remodel would forever be known as the remodel that tested our marriage and taught our 2 year old his very first cuss word.
But DAMNIT was it worth it!



Here's a few side-by-side before and afters...







What started out as a kitchen remodel, eventually turned into re-modeling the bathrooms too.
Because if we were pulling up the ugly kitchen tile downstairs, we figured we might as well pull up that same ugly tile out of all of the bathrooms and make it uniform throughout the house.
And same with the cabinets.
We left the countertops in the bathrooms because they were already white and I didn't have a problem with them, so all we did was replace the flooring and paint the existing cabinets and add hardware.  But just those small changes made a world of difference!




Randy and his dad even built me a folding table in my laundry room, like I've always wanted!
And now even my laundry room is pretty!
No more ugly tile and disgusting garbage can and cheap plastic shelving!

BEFORE:


AFTER:



I could not possibly be happier with the results!
And now I wanna hang out in my beautiful white kitchen all the live long day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I rarely ever "blog" anymore but was on mine and hopped over to yours and OHMY GORGEOUS! The kitchen is amazing. I want to know where you go the bar stools, I love the white/wood top combo. Also, Summer's daughter looks just like her! It's incredible! Annnnd you're brave for doing a 7.5 hour drive with your kids. That's all! XO!