Sunday, May 14, 2017

mothers day

   
Mothers day morning I woke up to breakfast in bed and flowers and homemade cards and a box of all my favorite sees candies.
We didn't make it to church, because Layla is still too little, so we just enjoyed a quiet lazy day at home.
I basically cuddled and fed the baby on the living room couch all day long while my boys played toys all around me.
We got out of the house for a bit to go for a walk at the park and grabbed some yummy take out on our way home.
And then ended the day with bath time and more play time.



I always knew I wanted to be a mom.
I just never knew that my road to motherhood would have so many bumps along the way.
But these three babies of mine are worth every penny spent on fertility treatment, every painful needle and injection I had to put into my body, every credit card we maxed out on fertility medication, every year we stayed in a tiny apartment because we used all the $$$ we'd been saving for a house to pay for IVF instead, every bit of morning sickness, every surgery and c-section recovery, and every sleepless night.
I wouldn't change a thing about my road to motherhood because it has made me appreciate my role as a mother all the more.



And we can't celebrate Mothers day without acknowledging these two mothers...


Both my mom and my mother-in-law have taught me a lot about what it means to be a good mom.
I love them so much and appreciate all that they do for me and my babies.

Happy Mothers day to all the mothers out there...
And to those still hoping to be mothers someday.
I'm thinking of you today and sending all my love.

No comments: