My baby girl is 2 months old today.
So I'm about to get reeeeeeeeal sappy...
About 9 years ago, when I was pregnant with my first, I had a dream that we had a little girl.
She looked like me when I was little and her name was Layla.
I thought maybe it was a sign that I was pregnant with a girl at the time, but I was wrong.
We had Madden and then Beckett and I never really knew if we'd ever have a girl and I was okay with that.
I still remember the phone call we got last summer, letting us know that the ONE healthy embryo we had as a result of our 2nd IVF treatment was a GIRL.
I sat at my kitchen table and cried.
Over the next few months, we discussed a few other girl names, but in the end I just felt like her name was already Layla.
Just like the little girl in that dream that I had so many years ago.
The little girl that was always meant to come to our family.
2 month measurements and percentiles:
Weight: 9 lb 11 oz 13%
Height: 23 in. 76%
Head: 15 1/4 cm. 66%
No comments:
Post a Comment