5 weeks old
6 weeks old
7 weeks old
8 weeks old
I can't believe my baby is 8 weeks old!
Sleeping 8 hours through the night and just as angelic and perfect as ever.
I feel like I'm always bragging about what a good baby she is, but both of my boys were colicky so I'm just really enjoying the crap out of my one baby that hasn't been.
When my boys were colicky, every day felt like the longest day ever and I felt like the newborn phase would never end!
And of course, with Layla, now that don't WANT the newborn phase to end, it seems to be passing so quickly!
I remember when I had Madden and I was such a stressed out first time mom.
I was reading all the parenting books and trying to follow all the rules:
get your baby on a sleep schedule!
don't give them a bottle!
nurse them for at least a year!
don't hold them too much, you'll spoil them!
don't rock them to sleep or they'll never learn to self-soothe!
don't nurse on demand, get them on a strict feeding schedule!
Now with my 3rd baby, I can tell you I don't follow ANY of those rules and I've never been happier or had a happier baby!
(Take THAT, parenting books!)
Then nearly 5 years later I had Beckett.
I felt like I was prepared for the colic because I had been through it with Madden, but whenever I think about that phase in my life, all I can think about is how much pain I was in and how miserable I was because of the herniated disc in my back.
Remember that?
Yeah, not good times.
It was hard to enjoy my newborn when I could hardly even hold him or rock him or nurse him without being in excruciating pain.
And then I had Layla.
ahhhhh, Layla.
Not to take away from my love for my boys cuz holy heck I love them, but this time around has just been so different for me.
Maybe its the no colic thing.
Maybe its because I know she's my last.
Or maybe its just because she's my 3rd and I'm a more seasoned and experienced mom.
Maybe its all the above combined!
Who knows!?
All I know is I've never been happier and I have never enjoyed the chaoticness of newborn life more.
And I'm just so happy that my last baby stage has been such an enjoyable one....
Now if only I could hold onto it for just a little longer...the days are passing so quickly and I'm just not ready for it to end yet.



No comments:
Post a Comment