This 3 1/2 year old of mine is pretty naughty these days.
But he makes up for it by being as hilarious as he is naughty.
Plus, he told us yesterday that theres a tiny Beckett that lives in his hair that "atrols" (controls) him.
So, I guess its not entirely his fault.
He's gotten into a pretty bad habit of climbing in our bed every night.
Sometimes he says its cuz he's scared or had a bad dream.
But lately, he just says its cuz he likes our bed and "hates" his bed.
I remember Madden going through a similar phase at this age, where he climbed in our bed every night in the middle of the night.
And we were determined to not be "those" parents who let our kids sleep in bed with us every night.
So every time Madden would come in our room at night, we would take him right back to bed.
And even though it was really annoying, we did it enough until he finally learned that he had to just stay in his bed. And he did.
But with Beck, we haven't been nearly as strict and I'm afraid we are creating a monster.
Its just hard to say no to those freckles and long eyelashes when he comes crying into our room saying he saw a green furry monster in his closet or heard a ghost outside his window.
(he has quite the imagination)
And also, I keep reminding myself that this phase won't last forever and someday we will miss the days when our stubborn toddler climbed into our bed every night and nestled under the sheets right between us.
Usually, we just give in and let him fall back asleep in our bed.
Then, once he's asleep, Randy will carry him back to his own bed.
And sometimes as I watch Randy carrying our giant 3 year old down the hallway, cradled in his arms like a baby, I wonder if it will be the last night that he climbs into our bed.
Is it weird that I hope it isn't?


No comments:
Post a Comment