Monday, July 3, 2017

4th in Snowflake

After a weekend that was all about his big brother and little sister, this middle child needed some extra love and attention.
So when Madden left to spend a week up in Snowflake with his cousins, it was the perfect time to get in some quality time with Beckett.
I took him to the mall on afternoon, where we played at the Lego store and the Disney store and got a pretzel.
Then the next day we met some friends for lunch and a playdate at Chick-fil-a.
And we even squeezed in a date at the dollar theater where we saw Boss Baby.
Which was fitting....cuz although he may not be the baby anymore, he's definitely the Boss in our house.


At the end of the week, we headed up to Snowflake to pick up Madden and to celebrate the 4th.
Tinley and Layla had to get matching 4th of July dresses for the occasion, of course!


Layla got to meet her Great Grandma Brimhall while we were up there...


Beckett loved wrestling and playing with Kellen and Papa...


And the cousins all had so much fun together!
I love that they are all so close in age and get along so great.
And I also love that in the summertime up there they can actually play outside, unlike down in the valley where its too hot to play outside in the summertime!
They jumped on the trampoline, ran through the sprinklers on the golf course, rode their scooters, ate snacks on the back porch and went hunting for horny toads...




Then that night, we roasted marshmallows and made s'mores in Grandma and Grandpa's backyard and watched the fireworks show from their balcony...


We ended the night with sparklers and the kids ran around outside for hours playing tag and all kinds of games...




I love that my mother-in-law invites the older grandkids up each summer so they can make these memories together.
I know Madden will cherish these memories with his cousins and grandparents someday and remember these summer days and summer nights in Snowflake.
And someday when Beckett and Layla are old enough to join in on the fun, I know they will love it too.

No comments: