Monday, August 21, 2017

4 months


 Usually, when our babies turn 3 months old we transition them to sleeping in their crib in their own room.
But this little girl turned 4 months old today and is still sleeping in our room because I cannot bear the thought of letting her sleep in her own room. 
I don't even know why.
I guess I just feel like the second she starts sleeping in her own room that she won't be a "newborn" anymore.
And I'm just not ready to accept that.





It was just one year ago this past weekend that I went into my fertility Dr. for a blood draw and a few hours later got the phone call that our IVF had worked and we were pregnant.
Randy was at work and Madden was at school and Beckett stared at me like I was a crazy person when I started crying like a baby.
I wanted Randy to be the first person I told, of course, so I drove to his work to share the news with him in person.
Then I went home and called my sisters, my brothers, my parents, my grandparents, and my best friends.
The more people I told, the more the reality of it sunk in.
We already knew we were having a girl and it felt so surreal.
Not just to know that we were pregnant, but to know that it was a GIRL!
And now here she is, 1 year later.
Our family is complete and I cannot imagine our life without her in it.

Happy 4 months my baby love!


4 month measurements and percentiles:

Weight: 12 lb 7 oz 14%

Height: 24 1/4 in.  51%

Head: 16 3/4 cm.  93%

No comments: