I love when my girl Jamie comes out to visit!
She lives so far away (Philadelphia) but comes out west every summer to exchange her boys with her ex, so lucky me, I get to see her whenever she comes out!
Usually I meet up with her in Vegas, but this year Layla was too young for me to leave that long, so she came to Phoenix to visit and to meet baby Layla.
So I did my best to fill her 5 days here with as much Arizona fun as I could!
First up, a staycation at The Saguaro in Scottsdale...
Which wasn't even my idea, actually, it was Randy's!
When I first found out Jamie was coming out, I told Randy all I wanted was one kid-free afternoon to go shopping with her...but when he suggested we sneak away for an entire night, I wasn't about to argue!
Best.Hubby.Ever.
Then on Sunday, we spent the day at the lake.
Where we accidentally left our kids sunscreen at home, watched a pack of wild horses come right up by us down to the water to drink, Madden almost swallowed a bee, Layla was a perfect angel (whats new?) and we kayaked out on the lake.
It was a hot day.
But a pretty perfect day all the same.
The next day Randy was back at work, and Madden was back at school, so Jamie and I braved Last Chance and lunch at Postinos with Layla & Beckett in tow.
This is how we do Last Chance:
I bribe my 3 year old with a sugar cookie from Swig and my baby face plants into my boobs and takes a nice long nap.
And then on her last day with us, Randy took the afternoon off from work and Madden played hooky from school and we all went to a Diamondbacks game.
It was Layla's first ball game.
And instead of cheering for the Dbacks, Beckett cheered for the "pee-bags."
Then on our way home, we took our Chicago girl to get some Chicago deep dish pizza at the new Gino's East location in Phoenix.
Its always a good time when Jamie's in town!
I miss her already!
Can't wait til next summer...Vegas, baby!


























No comments:
Post a Comment