Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentines Day! : )



I love Valentines Day! And it is double special for Randy and I because it was on Valentines Day last year that he asked me to marry him ; ) So I was very much looking forward to Valentines Day this year, especially since Randy has been out of town and was getting back just in time! Randy bought me a dozen beautiful pink roses and we made plans to go out to a nice romantic dinner...and although it didn't quite turn out that way, I am sure we will look back on this Valentines Day many years from now and laugh. : )
We made reservations to have dinner at the super yummy Italian restaurant where we had our wedding luncheon, a little place in Mesa called Brunellos. I waited too long to make the reservations, so I was worried they would be booked for Valentines Day because it is a pretty small place...but I was pleasantly surprised when they said we could have any time we wanted! When we showed up to the restaurant, it looked a little different...it still said Brunellos Italian Cuisine, but in the window it had all these Beer posters and there was a new sign in the window that said "The Village Idiot Tavern." Hmmmm....I thought it was a little wierd...but we went in and sat down anyways. When we had our wedding luncheon there just 8 months ago, it was this adorable little romantic restaurant with candles and flowers on the tables, dimly lit with romantic Italian music playing, and paintings on the wall that made you feel like you were in Italy. Well not anymore....it is pretty much just a sports bar now. With black leather booth seating, some loud annoying radio station playing, and big screen TV's all over the place playing basketball. NOT how I pictured our so-called romantic Valentines Day dinner. The menu was completely different too...a wierd combination of Italian food and hamburgers and wings. The service was awful. The thing we were most excited for was their delicious bread and garlic butter...but instead we were served stale bread and a frozen cube of butter from the grocery store. Then Randy tried to order the only steak dinner on the menu, only to hear from our waiter that they were "all out" and that they were getting their new food in the next day...the day after Valentines Day? Wow. At this point I knew we had made a huge mistake, but it was too late. We were already seated, and the place was pretty much deserted so I would have felt awful if we got up and walked out! So we ate there and laughed about how ridiculous it all was...Come to find out the cute little Italian couple that owned the restaurant before sold it and it is now under new management and has been completely re-done. I am just sad that that was the place we had our wedding luncheon and I thought we would continue to go there for many years and reminisce about our wedding day...hmmmm, guess not! So word to the wise...don't ever go to Brunellos:The Village Idiot Tavern. Ever. (Sorry Rachael, I know how much you loved that place.)
After our dinner at the Idiot Tavern we came home and drank sparkling cider from some plastic red and pink champagne glasses one of my students gave to Randy and I for Valentines Day, lol : ) Happy Valentines Day, babe! I know we will always remember this one! : ) XOXOXO

11 comments:

CHAD & ELISE TYSICK said...

Sounds like quite the adventure! This will definately be a Valentines Day you will never forget! haha. YOu guys are funny. Glad to see you had a good Valentines day anyways!

Briana said...

That is hilarious! (and yet kind of sad at the same time) But you are right it will be something you will talk about. Love the pictures of the snowmobiling trip! Looks like a blast!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Pa ha!!! That's great. I hate when stuff like that happens! Should we shoot for Feb 29th for girls' night?

The Jackson Family said...

I love those memorable moments! Sometimes they are the best, at least they make you laugh:)! You guys are just too cute!

Amber Larsen said...

What a bummer! That was a cute little place. Those people were probably wondering why you called to make reservations for valentines at a bar! ha ha

Rachael, Duke, and the Boss said...

I'm so bummed. I still crave that butter! I'm glad you told me so I don't make the same mistake you did. Hee Hee!

Teresa :) said...

That sounds like something that would happend to me! I have the worst luck! Sorry your night was ruined but like you said good memories right! HAHA Thanks for sharing the butter story, too funny. I would never have thought to make it pretend baby food. What would we do with out sisters? I have 5 of them, and we did our fair share of stuff like that. :)
ps nice job on the 10k I am really feeling like a slacker.

Debbie said...

That is seriously so funny. At least it is definitely something that will make you laugh looking back on it, but so sad that your wedding luncheon place is gone:( Well I am up for the 29th like Marianne said for girl's night.

Becky said...

Hey Tiffany! It was fun seeing you guys at London's Run! Are you doing Pat's Run? If so you need to talk Randy into doing it too..Rick and I are going to run in it! I love your blog..so cute!
Becky

Jamie said...

It's always the bad things that happen that seem to have the greatest impact. Sam and I haven't done much blogging lately but we are back at it. Good to see you two are still loving life. One note- Sam wanted to tell Randy that if he ever comes to Alaska, it's called Snowmachining not snowmobiling.

Cara said...

That really stinks tiff. That place was really cute. But all in all it sounds like you had a memorable one after all. :) Oh and we do have a few baby einstein dvds,and at first I thought it was bad to get them but now not so much since he actually does watch them and pay attention. :) When do you get to see your new nephew?