...with my new running shoes! : )
Okay, so back in December, I bought new running shoes. They were on sale, they were cute, and they were New Balance, which I have always used and always liked. And within a few weeks of running, one of my ankles was really bothering me. I kinda just shrugged it off and figured it was sore joints and my body would just get used to the pounding on the pavement as time went on. But it only got worse...I was icing my ankle every single night, soaking it in Epsom salt, and then slathering on IcyHot before I went to bed. One night I came home from running and my right ankle had swollen to almost double the size of my other ankle! So after talking to a few of my "running friends" I decided maybe it was my shoes that were the problem. After lots of helpful tips, I ended up going to Roadrunners Sports (thanks for the tip, Rachael!) and used their "Shoe Dog" to determine exactly which shoes were right for me. I had heard about this free service running stores offer, but I had never seen it done before and it was so cool! They basically analyze your feet...your arches, your pressure points, the way you run, whether or not you pronate, etc. and then tell you which shoes are perfect for you! I ended up going with a totally different shoe brand I would have thought, based on the information they gave me and the many different shoes I tried on. I loved these Mizuno shoes as soon as I slipped my feet into them! And since I have been running a lot more in them, I have only fallen even more in love with them! I seriously wish I could wear them ALL day, EVERY day, they are so comfortable! And running in them is SOOOOO much easier on my feet and my ankles! Usually when I get back from running, I can't wait to kick off my shoes and cuddle up on the couch under a blanket and relax...but last night when we got back from running, I told Randy I just never wanted to take my shoes off, lol! And on top of how comfy they are, I think they are so cute too! They say you are supposed to purchase new running shoes every 400-600 miles...and it saddens me to think of the day when I will have to part with them and buy new ones...
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
So In Love...
Posted by
Tiffany
at
5:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Cute Tiff! I've always wanted to do that too (the running store analyze your feet thing).
Tiff, I can't believe you wrote a huge blog about falling in love with running shoes. Poor Randy....does he think it's weird when you wear them to bed?
I really like those shoes. I have really bad running shoes and they hurt my ankles as well pretty badly. Thats why I think I never workout. K maybe thats not all the way true:) I dont workout mostly cuz I dont want to but I need to. But I want to go to a store and have them tell me what shoes to buy. How much were those shoes if you dont mind me asking.
Tiff, I am going to buy mine today! I am excited about it. We really need to start running together again, and I am fine with you leaving me in the dust. I need motivated again :)
Oh tiff... you're funny. I've always wanted to try that, too. Where is that place anyway?
Cute shoes! I need to go to this place since my feet are so messed up! Great tip!
Ha ha that was funny, but not as funny as your dads post!!! I love him!
Post a Comment