Saturday, October 1, 2011

today on my morning run...


I ran by this tree.
Its one of my faves during fall every year.
It looked like it was glowing this morning with the sun shining on it.

I also commiserated with my running partner (ashley) about how the marathon is one week from tomorrow and I am getting nervous.
Even though this will be my 4th.
Still nervous as hell.

And I also checked my weather channel app on my phone multiple times during our supposed-to-be-8-but-turned-into-10 mile run this morning.
Cuz I am stressing over the weather on race day.
I have NEVER had good weather for ONE of my races in Chicago.
Ever.
Remember last years full??

The 10-day forecast came out yesterday and in just one day it has already jumped up 5 degrees.
Not good, people.
Not good.
Please pray for me that this years weather is not a repeat of last year.
And also pray for me that I will forget about the weather, forget about my finish time, and just enjoy it and have fun.

p.s. interesting running fact of the day:
when I plugged my ipod into my computer after my run today, the nike+ website that I use to track my distance on my runs says I have run a total of 1,588.91 miles since joining nike+ (which was back in 2008 when I started training for my very first marathon).
1,588.91 miles, people.
Thats one-thousand five-hundred eighty-eight point ninety-one miles.
Crazy.

2 comments:

Faye said...

That is crazy! You will have to represent us both cause I'm not coming in ANYWHERE close to that. Way to run Tiff!

ensman said...

Holy crap B!! You are my hero:) Oh and what are your fav. running shoes right now? I need some new ones and I only take advice from professionals:)