What better to cheer me up from my post-christmas depression than a last minute surprise visit from my sister Summer and her 3 kids? :)
While they were here, we...
spent a day with grandma and grandpa and uncle landon before they flew home.
Legoland was a bust.
Portillos and the $ train ride at the mall were a hit!
took the kids to go see Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked.
Kids loved the movie.
I loved watching Madden stuff his face with popcorn and laugh with his cousins.
rode the train into the city.
where once we de-boarded at union station, I smiled at a gangster-ish looking homeless man out on the street while walking by holding my 2 1/2 year old in my arms and he looked at me with crazy eyes and yelled "don't you laugh at me, I will BEAT YO A$$!"
Seriously??
With my baby in my arms??
I wanted to laugh.
But I also wanted to run for my life.
made it to the top of Sears tower to finally realize Noah's life-long dream of standing on the Skydeck.
After which we were promptly interviewed for a japanese morning talk show.
For reals.
I don't know which the kids were more excited about...standing on the skydeck or the fact that we were all gonna be on japanese TV.
And last, but not least, stayed up til 2 in the morning every night talking with my sister, eating bon bons and cherry bombs, drinking diet cherry pepsis and coke zeros, pinning all the things, laughing really really hard and even getting out one night to see a late movie.
(Like Crazy. Great movie. If you like indie films, go see it).
Thanks for making the drive out here with all 3 of your kids, Summer!
It was the perfect ending to our holiday season!
Love you guys!
xoxo


6 comments:
I love sisters and I'm so glad you got to spend some time with yours! You guys are such a cute family!
One of the best things I ever did was decide at the freaking last minute to drive to Chicago with my kids! Seriously so fun. This post made me laugh out loud : )
Tiff! You guys look like you had so much fun! These pics are adorable. I always knew you would make it big in Japan;) Too bad you have to see "Like, Crazy" again...with me!
Japanese TV - that's a once in a lifetime! Love the pictures on the Skydeck and with the Chipmunks :)
First, what are cherry bombs? They sound delish and I have no clue what they even are. Second, these posts make me jealous of the sister thing. And last, your Chicago posts make me want to take a trip to Chicago sometime. Keep em' coming!:)
HA HA, Ginger! I am laughing out loud that you asked what cherry bombs are because they are YOUR MOMS recipe! You guys just don't call them cherry bombs, I just made up that name for them! :) The have like a chocolate crunch peanut buttery layer on top and bottom and in the middle is like a marshamallowy cherry filling. I don't remember what you guys call them...but Summer made them and brought them and said your mom makes them all the time at christmas. I called them cherry bombs and summer kept laughing at me ;)
Post a Comment