Thursday, May 24, 2012

this picture makes me wanna cry




When Randy and I were married 5 years ago, I never would have pictured us moving to Chicago.
And when we moved here 3 years ago, I certainly never pictured myself falling so in love with this place.


I always thought our years of going through school would be so hard and I would be relieved when they were over.  But I  have loved our 3 years out here and it is really really incredibly hard for me to say goodbye to this place and to the people here.
Much harder than I ever thought it would be...


The original plan was always to move right back to Arizona after Randy graduated.  When we were presented with a job opportunity out here, we entertained the idea of staying in Chicago a little bit longer.  But then, at the very last possible minute, an amazing job opportunity in Arizona  came our way.
One that seemed way too perfect for Randy.
Too perfect for our family.
Too perfect to turn down.


So plans changed again...




Chicago will always have a special place in my heart.
And so will the friends we are leaving behind.
But just like I never knew our life here would be as amazing as it has been, I am sure our future holds more good things to come.
More memories
More friends
More opportunities
More adventures
More happiness
More blessings


As cheesy as it is to say, home really is wherever my little family is.
Wherever Randy and Madden and I are together.
And I am excited for what the future holds for our little family in Arizona...


So congrats Randy, on officially (really, officially this time) accepting your very first job as a Physical Therapist!
And on officially graduating today!
(pictures to soon follow!)

I love you and I'm so proud of you!
xoxo

4 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

you've been there three years?! man that is crazy. and I LOVE that picture and I'm so excited you are moving here! but I understand how hard it is to say goodbye to a place you love so I feel for ya. hurry and move! ;)

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

You said this so well. I feel the same way about leaving Portland in a few weeks after our 4 years here in Dental School. I too am hopeful that the future will be as, unexpectedly, wonderful as the last 4 years have been. Good luck on your move and transition!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations, Randy! That is so exciting for you guys!!

Lisa Fox said...

Congratulations! I know how hard it is to leave somewhere you love and how exciting at the same time. I am sad you are leaving because I feel like I am just getting to know you guys! I wish you happiness and success for your sweet little family! Thank goodness for blogs so I can still check in on you guys from time to time!