10 * 31 * 14
Baby's first halloween...
Beck refused to wear his baseball hat (of course) and threw a ginormous fit every time I tried to put it on.
I just wanted ONE DECENT PIC of his full halloween costume for his FIRST halloween!
Was that so much to ask!?
Yes.
Apparently, it was...
Earlier in the day, I got to volunteer in Madden's kindergarten class to help out with their halloween party and watch Madden walk in the school costume/book parade.
That night, Madden begged to go trick-or-treating in the neighborhood across the street from us that had their houses all decked out for Halloween, but then once we were over there and it was dark, he wussed out and wanted to SKIP all the houses with the cool spooky decorations, and just trick or treat at the boring houses that had no spooky decorations up.
Typical Madden...SMH
Also, my mom and dad came into town and spent Halloween with us...but I was so busy enjoying our time with them and trying to get some half decent pics of my kids in their costumes that I didn't get any pics with Grandma & Grandpa :(
Its a good thing we will be with them again soon for Christmas!
As I tucked Madden into bed that night, (so that all the grown ups could stay up late together, eating halloween candy and watching scary movies) I told him I had a fun day with him, volunteering in his kindergarten class, walking in his costume parade with him and trick-or-treating with him...then he hugged me and whispered into my ear, "I'm the luckiest kid in the world."
And my heart melted into a puddle right there next to his bed.
A mom moment to go down in the books.
Literally.
This is going in my blog book.
As I tucked Madden into bed that night, (so that all the grown ups could stay up late together, eating halloween candy and watching scary movies) I told him I had a fun day with him, volunteering in his kindergarten class, walking in his costume parade with him and trick-or-treating with him...then he hugged me and whispered into my ear, "I'm the luckiest kid in the world."
And my heart melted into a puddle right there next to his bed.
A mom moment to go down in the books.
Literally.
This is going in my blog book.
Happy Halloween from my {not so happy} little baseball player and my {not so brave} ninja warrior






No comments:
Post a Comment