I feel like I used to be so much better about documenting all the funny things my kids say and do.
I need to be better at it...
A few weeks ago when Beckett was really sick, all he wanted to do was lay around watch movies and cuddle. One afternoon, he was laying on our bed between Randy and I, watching a movie. He was trying to to wiggle his hand down the front of his diaper but he couldn't get it in there and he was getting frustrated. Finally he got it in there and then he said in his congested, sick little voice, "oh dare you awe pee-pee!"
On Fridays we always go get donuts before school.
Its sort of become a little tradition of ours!
One morning Beck had slept in so I had to wake him up at the last minute and carry him straight out to the car in his jammies.
He was still half asleep and kinda out of it.
We were running late so we just did the drive thru that day.
I hadn't heard beck say one word since he had woken up, but as soon as he saw the drive thru lady hand me the donuts, he suddenly yelled, "YAYYYYYY!!!!!!"
haha!
We usually go to Bosa donuts, because they're the best.
But lately I have been trying to eat healthier so I decided to take the kids to Dunkin Donuts one morning.
Because I hate Dunkin and I knew if we went there I wouldn't be tempted to eat a nasty donut.
But I figured to my kids, a donuts a donut, and they'd probably still love them.
And Madden did.
But Beckett took one bite of his and then pushed it away and said all dramatically, "EWWWW!!!"
I kept trying to get him to eat it and to just try another bite but he refused!
He just kept pushing it further away saying "ew!' and "yucky!"
haha, I feel ya buddy!
Lately changing this kids diaper or getting him dressed is a nightmare.
First you have to chase him down and practically tackle him to the ground, and then he fights you the whole dang time so it basically turns into a wrestling match.
I usually try to distract him with a show on TV or the nearest toy I can grab just so that he will hold still for a few seconds while I change him.
The other day the closest thing I could grab to distract him just happened to be one of my celebrity gossip magazines.
So I gave it to him and he instantly calmed down and just laid there flipping through the magazine while I changed his diaper, lol!
It was too good not to grab my phone and snap a pic!
Madden likes to read books in his bed at night and then I usually have to go in there later after he's fallen asleep and clear them off his bed so he can sleep comfortably.
The other night I went in there and found that he had been reading the book I used to read to him when he was his little brother's age and we lived in Chicago.
I thought it was the sweetest thing.
Until I noticed his finger.
A few weeks ago Madden's school had a fundraiser fun run where the students all collected pledges and then on the day of the fun run, however many laps they ran would determine how much $ they were able to raise for the school.
Of course they bribe the kids with all kinds of prizes and incentives to get them to collect the most pledges.
Madden came home BEGGING every day to call relatives and collect pledges but I wouldn't let him so I just got online and pledged $2 for every lap he ran.
The day before the fun run, he came home and told me it was the LAST day to collect pledges and he HAD TO collect more!
He wanted to go knock on our neighbors doors to ask them and I said no, we are not gonna go ask our neighbors for $.
He kept reassuring me "but mom, its totally free to pledge!"
I don't think he quite understood that once he ran the laps, whoever had submitted a pledge had to pay up actual money! haha!
He told me that whoever collected the highest pledge amount was going to get to stand up on the podium with the principal in front of the whole school and he really wanted it to be him,
So he told me, "I think you should pledge...ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS!"
I just laughed and said, "we don't have one hundred dollars to pledge"
And he said "yes we do!"
I said, "no we don't!"
And he stands up and motions around the whole living room with his arms and says, "then how did we buy this house, mom?"
A few weeks ago, we had just left our kids at home with a sitter to go out on a Saturday night date night when I got a text message from Madden's primary teacher to "remind" me that he was giving the talk in Primary the following day.
Ummm....yeah I had no clue.
No one had ever told me and we hadn't been there the Sunday before because the boys had been sick.
So I scrambled to find a talk online while we were out on our date.
But of course by the time we got home, he was already in bed, so he didn't know about any of this until the following morning.
Which meant he only had about 2 hours notice.
Madden's a pretty shy kid and usually it takes me a good week to prep him for something like this, so I wasn't so sure how it would go.
But he said he would do it if I went up there and helped him.
I was a little nervous he was gonna chicken out last minute and I was gonna end up reading his talk for him (like the crap I pulled on my mom when I was his age)
But he ended up reading the entire thing all by himself without any problem!
I was so impressed!
He has also been working on memorizing some of the articles of faith.
That day, on the drive home from church, he was reciting some of them for us but he was having trouble remembering the 2nd article of faith.
I helped him out by saying, "It starts with, 'we believe that men...'"
And he said, "'We believe that men...will...punish themselves.'"





No comments:
Post a Comment