Monday, February 29, 2016

master bedroom makeover

After almost 9 years of marriage, we finally decided our master bedroom deserved an upgrade.
We've never bought ANYTHING nice for our master bedroom...its always at the bottom of the priority list, since no one ever sees our room anyways.
And when we were in grad school and moving between apartments all the time, we didn't want to invest in nice furniture.
We always said we would wait until we were settled in a home of our own and knew we wouldn't be moving for a while.
So we've had the same old mis-matching furniture and bedding for pretty much our entire marriage.
Our bed frame was Randy's before we even got married and our old dresser with the broken drawers and water stains on it was mine when I was in college and living with roommates!
None of our bedding matched, but I refused to buy nice bedding until we bought the king size bed we'd always wanted. 
And man, now that we have a king size bed, I'm like, "how the hell did we ever sleep in anything smaller!?"

So here's the "BEFORE" picture I am embarrassed to show because its just so hideous that it makes me want to throw up...



And here's the "AFTER"...











I am in LOVE!
In the mornings, I never want to get out of my comfy, cozy, fluffy, soft white bed.
And every night, after we put the kids to bed, we go up to our room and watch TV in there instead of in the living room because its basically our favorite spot to hang out in the house now. :)

More pics to come soon of the master bathroom once that gets a makeover too!
I can't wait for it to all come together!

No comments: