Friday, April 14, 2017

one last pregnancy update


Guys, I am wiped out.
I'm getting way too old for this pregnancy stuff.
I'm just exhausted and uncomfortable and my belly feels so heavy and hard to carry.
But I was determined to squeeze in one more date night before baby comes and date nights become a thing of the past.
So I wiggled my belly into one of the few items of clothing that still fits (barely) and we left the boys with a sitter and headed out to dinner in Scottsdale.
Then as soon as dinner was over and I felt like my belly might burst, we came home, put the boys to bed, got in our comfy clothes and hopped in bed to watch a movie together.
My kinda date night.


In one more week she'll be in my arms instead of in my belly.
And as uncomfortable and miserable as this last little bit can be, I'm trying really hard to enjoy it.
This is definitely my last pregnancy and I feel so thankful that I've been able to carry three babies inside of me.
There are no words to describe what that feels like.
And I've gone through a LOT to carry my babies.
Sometimes I need to remind myself of that on the hard days.


I'm a mix of emotions these days...
Part of me doesn't want this pregnancy to end yet because I know its my last and I know I'll miss this feeling someday of her moving inside of me.
Part of me wants to have the baby right this second...and not necessarily because being 9 months pregnant is hard, but because I'm just so excited to meet her and see what she looks like and hold her and dress her in all the cute newborn clothes hanging so perfectly in her little closet on their tiny hangers.
I don't know why having a baby girl feels so different than having a baby boy cuz its not like I am more excited for a girl than I was for my boys.
Its just a different feeling and its hard to explain.
I'm just really excited to meet my daughter...

No comments: