Tuesday, April 25, 2017

hospital days


Those 4 days spent in the hospital with Layla will forever be some of my favorite...
Hospital days with a brand new babe are the best!
And not just because you're on morphine and you can pick up your phone and have pancakes and Diet Coke delivered to you in bed. ;)
There's just something so magical about those first few days together.
I know some people hate the hospital stay and can't wait to get outta there, but I love it.
I always stay for as long as I can and I just soak up that one on one time with my new little love.
Plus its kinda nice being in the hospital and being waited on hand and foot by the nurses because then you just get to relax and cuddle and feed your sweet baby.
And thats exactly what I did.
I just really soaked her in and felt like I really got to "know" her and felt such a special bond with her after those days spent in the hospital together.
Having a little girl felt so different to me.
There was such a sweetness about her and all the nurses that would come in always commented on how beautiful and feminine and sweet and ladylike she was.

There's such a euphoric feeling right after giving birth that I can't quite describe and you're just on such a high and so happy and in love that you feel like your heart is going to burst right out of your chest.
Those hospital days with my little girl felt like heaven on earth.
And I never wanna forget those memories with her...










And then, finally, it was time to go home.
So we dressed her up all pretty to take home to her very excited big brothers...



No comments: