
Ok, I am a little bit scared to post this because this means I REALLY have to do this! But I have set a goal for myself to run a marathon. I am going to run the half marathon in San Francisco in August, and then the full marathon here in Phoenix next January! AHHHHH!!!! I have always said that I wanted to run a marathon…but I just kind of thought of it as way in the future. I have been running a lot the past couple months and thought it would be fun to train for a 5K or 10K, because I have never run in any small races like that before. The more I run and the more my endurance increases and I am able to go for farther and longer, the more addicted I become to running and the more I LOVE it! I was never a runner before, and I never knew I would love it this much! I heard about a lot of people’s experiences running in the PF Chang’s marathon in Phoenix this past Sunday, and hearing their stories just made me want to do it even more!!! So I figured, why wait? Right now would be the ideal time in my life to train for one because it takes a LOT of time and work and I figure I better do it before we start having kids. So I talked it over with Randy and decided for SURE to do it! I have been reading all kinds of books about training for your first marathon and how to do it right. I read in one of the books that as soon as you decide to do it, you should tell as many people as you possibly can because that will push you to do it even more and help you to stick to your goal. So here it is: I am running a marathon!! I know it’s still far away (a whole year away!) but I will be doing a 5K in February and a 10K shortly after that. And I will just continue running small races like that and training until the half marathon in August in San Francisco. (It is one of the best half-marathons in the country...running through Golden Gate park and across the Golden Gate Bridge on a foggy San Francisco morning! How awesome does that sound!!?)

Then as soon as my body has recovered from the half marathon, and as long as I have no injuries (knock on wood), I will then begin intense training for the full marathon. I am a little scared, but mostly very, very excited! So if anyone wants to join me, let me know!!
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Addicted to Running
Posted by
Tiffany
at
9:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
I am excited for your Tiffany. I wish I had as much ambition as you :) I told you, as long as I don't have kids I will join you with all of it (But I have to admit I am really hoping I am pregnant by August :) But, if not, no reason to keep putting my life on hold. I'm in! If my dang foot would heal now then I will start running again.
good for you Tiff! I wish I could do it with you but the 2 kids, freezing Cleveland temperatures, and broken treadmill have thwarted my running plans for the near future. Be careful and keep us posted!
Tiff
That is so awesome. Whats funny is I remember when we lived together that you hated running, so that is great that you are a runner now. I love it also. If I am living in AZ this fall I will totally train with you to run in the Arizona marathon. I have done many 5k and 10ks also the Hood to Coast here in Portland...it feels awesome to complete something like that.
Yeah, I totally remember running Kilarea with you...and I did hate it then! I still have those same running shoes that I bought way back then at Last Chance! And they have lasted me all these years...I just recently bought some new ones!
Dang Tip that’s a rad goal. That SF run sounds sweet! I’m way stoked for you. I’ll probably be doing my own marathon around then too you know….It’ll just be me running away from a crazed Mexican drunk on the outskirts of one of Mexico City’s poorest neighborhoods because he wants to steal my Flip Video and sell it for 12 pesos
I want to do the half marathon with you in august in SF. Really just cuz I want an excuse to come home. And because I want some motivation to lose baby weight. Is that enough time to train in order to keep up with you?
Hey Tiffany!!! It was great to hear from you! You and Randy sound like you are doing great! We will have to get together again next time we come to AZ! That is awesome you are running a marathon! You will never regret it! I ran one 2 months before I got pregnant and I really think that is why I had such a great pregnancy and recovery! I want to run again before baby number 2 so maybe I will join! We should see if we can get our husbands to join in!!
Ooh that's sounds like fun. You're going to do great! You are so ambitious. If you need some trainers I know a lot of guys that run the marathons here every year. They are some of the Sudanese refugees I work with. They are awesome. Well good luck and keep us updated!
Tiff....
I wish I could say that I am totally inspired and will run with you, but I just don't think I can get over my hatred of running, try as I might. but I am SO proud and impressed with you! Maybe Fuz & I can come to SF and cheer you on! Good luck!
FABULOUS!!! I'm so excited! We'll be training for the same race! Clint is running a 1/2 marathon in two weeks, (I'll be waddling it) and then as soon as I pop this kid out I am training to run the PF in January! We'll have to do some runs together. How exciting!
WOW thats exciting!! I have just taken up running too, but I'm still pretty slow! :) I just do 2-3 miles right now. That sounds like SO much fun, if we don't leave for the summer I just might have to do it with you!! Hope you are doing good!!
That is awesome my friend just did the pf changs 1/2 and I think it would be awesome to do. One of these days I am going to get me buns in gear.
hey tiff, its holly! im doing that half in san fran too! you better watch your back!!!! haha
Post a Comment