1. I am the biggest impulse shopper…and I almost always regret my purchase and end up returning it! I don’t know why I do this, but anytime I want something, I just buy it and then once I get home and think a little more about it, I am like “why did I buy that…” and then I return it the next day. I do it ALL THE TIME! I am ashamed to admit that sometimes I even wear the item of clothing once and then decide to take it back… : ) And most places will still take it back and at least give me store credit, even if the tags are ripped off. I guess the good thing about this problem of mine is that I don’t end up spending as much money on shopping…since I end up returning 75% of the things I buy!
2. I am deathly afraid of grasshoppers, crickets, or anything that remotely resembles one! I don’t know why, but they just hop so fast and make scary noises…they freak me out! When I was in college I lived in a house in Mesa with a bunch of friends and the washer and dryer were in the garage and in the summer time there were always TONS of crickets in the garage. I HATED taking my laundry out there and my roommates knew it, so sometimes when I went out there they would lock me in there and turn out the lights so I was stuck in the pitch black garage and all I could hear were crickets all around me!!! I would freak out and start banging on the door for them to let me in and I could just hear them laughing on the other side of the door…I have hated Foush and Michelle ever since…HA HA, JK! LOVE YOU GIRLS! : )
3. I am not a morning person…I dread getting up in the morning and I do this weird thing where I always set my alarm clock for way earlier than I actually have to get up because for some strange reason it makes me feel like I got more sleep. LOL! I don’t know why…maybe it’s all in my head…but I swear it works! When I hear the horrible noise of my alarm in the morning my first thought is “oh no, I have to get up,” and then when I roll over to turn it off and see what time it is, I remember that I get to go back to sleep and I am SOOO happy! And then when I wake up again I feel like I just slept for like 3 more hours, when I really only slept another 30 minutes! : ) I swear it works…if you don’t believe me, you should try it!
4. I get really mad when people scare me! Seriously…like, REALLY mad! And it’s weird, ‘cuz I actually kinda like getting scared and I love watching scary movies. But for some reason if someone scares me, I just get PISSED OFF! Randy has had to learn this the hard way…he once snuck up behind me in Best Buy and scared the CRAP out of me and I wouldn’t talk to him for like 20 minutes. Luckily he just laughs about it and continues to scare me anyways. : )
5. I get really strong cravings all the time! And no, I am not pregnant…I have just always been like this! I always warn Randy that if I crave things this bad when I’m NOT pregnant, I can’t imagine how bad it’s going to be when I AM pregnant! And my cravings are so random too! Once I woke up from a Sunday nap with Randy and just immediately told him “I want brownies.” The past two nights in a row I have been craving macaroni and cheese and even though Randy doesn’t really care for it, I still make it for myself every night and I can pretty much eat the whole box myself! And just today on the way home from work I was craving a Thrifty’s Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream cone (it had to be Thrifty’s ice cream!) and I stopped and got one even though it is super windy and cold outside. LOL! Crazy, I know, but I just had to have one…: )
6. I am extremely organized in my kindergarten classroom, but for some reason I am not nearly as organized in my own home! It’s not that I am messy at my home, cuz I am not. But I am just not as particular about where things go and once in a while there is definitely shoes left in the front room or clothes thrown on the floor of my closet. But for some reason, in my classroom, I am SUPER ANAL about it being clean and everything picked up off the floor and put it in its proper place! This is a little difficult, since I teach kindergartners and 5 year olds are messy and could care less if there is a crayon on the floor or a cup of pencils knocked over in the baskets at their table…but I will walk around the room and clean everything up myself if I have to because it drives me insane! Co-workers always compliment me on how neat and clean my classroom always is…and they always seem so shocked to find a Kindergarten classroom that clean… : )
7. I tell the longest stories ever…(which probably explains why this post is so long!) My family has teased me about it for as long as I can remember! When I was younger and my family would make fun of me, I would seriously get my feelings hurt about it and I was really insecure about it, so I would try SOOOOO hard to make my stories shorter….but it was impossible!!! I just can’t leave out important details! It ruins a good story! And I don’t even realize I am doing it! I just tell a story the only way I know how, and then someone always makes a comment about how long it was or how detailed it was. Luckily I married someone who doesn’t care or ever tease me about it : ) But my family still to this day will make comments about it. I think Amber is the first person who ever complimented me on my stories and said how much she loves my long, detailed stories…Thank You, Amber! : )
I tag Briana, Michelle Harries, Michelle Bodily, Michele Cloward, Summer, Cara and Marianne!
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Tagged by Elise!
Posted by
Tiffany
at
7:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
OK you really are a great story-teller. Perfect kind. teacher! And now that I'm tagged....what are we supposed to do? Is it seven strange habits we have? Clarification please!
Tiff I must agree on the story thing!! But that is what we love about you. Its one thing if they are long and boring but yours a long and very interesting!! That is why I ask you so many questions...that is one of my bad habits.
and #8. You talk super duper fast.
You know how when you read something someone wrote you imagine it in their voice? I always read your blog post SUPER FAST as if you were actually telling me the story yourself...LOL : )
Sorry for not clarifying, Marianne...it is supposed to be 7 random and/or wierd facts about yourself : )
Tiff,
I loved learning about all of your quirks...I just always thought you were perfect!;) Megan tells stories like you do and when she teaches FHE lesson it can last for hours if we are not careful! Too funny!
Oh yeah...forgot to tell you to check out my blog. blogginwiththelondons.blogspot.com
Post a Comment