Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!!


Happy Birthday to the best Mom in the whole entire world! Ever since I was a little girl I have always prayed that I would someday be as amazing a mother as my mother is! I really have! I cannot say enough about what an amazing person she is…here are just a few of the things that make her so amazing:
*She is the best cook ever! For as long as I can remember, ever since I was a little girl, everyday we came home to find some kind of freshly baked treat waiting in the kitchen as an after-school snack. Most of them included chocolate…which probably explains why all the Hunt girls are big chocoholics!
*She is incredibly sweet and sensitive. She is always thinking of other people…so much so that she hardly ever gets any sleep at night because she is usually up worrying or thinking about someone else and something they are going through and what she can possibly do to help them! I know she has spent many sleepless nights on my behalf…
*As a grandmother, she is very “young and hip” and is always up on the latest trends : ) …she has an I pod and listens to a lot of the same music her kids listen to, she shops at the same stores her daughters shop at and I am always asking her where she got her shirt or where she got her shoes. She has even recently learned how to TEXT!!! This is a huge accomplishment for my mom, who we have always teased for not knowing how to work her own cell phone! I am very impressed with her recent texting abilities!

*She is extremely talented! She scrapbooks, does photography, decorates her home, gardens, sews, cooks, and does it all as if she were a professional!
*She is very close with her daughters. This is one of my favorite things about my mom…she has managed to keep a very close relationship with all three of her daughters, while still being a “mother.” I know that I can tell her anything and talk to her about anything and she will never think differently of me. Now that all her daughters live in 3 different states, she sacrifices a lot of her time to travel many miles to see them.
*She has always, ALWAYS put her children’s needs before her own. Always. Without any hesitation. She has done so much for me and my brothers and sisters. She has sacrificed time, sleep, money, and so much more than I am sure we will ever know! I feel like no letter or thank you card or gift or ANYTHING is ever enough to show my appreciation for her and all that she has done and still does for me!!


Here are just a few of my favorite memories with my Mom:

*Traveling the New England states with her when I was about 11 years old, where we were able to visit the Sacred Grove and watch the Hill Cumorah Pageant.
*Getting up at a ridiculous hour for early morning seminary all through high school, only to find that my mom had already gotten up and made us hot chocolate to take with us out the door : )
*Having a screaming contest with her and my sisters inside the car while on vacation at Disneyworld. Mom won!
*Spending an entire summer in an RV with her and the rest of my siblings, traveling across the entire country and back! I thought I was going to go crazy, but I feel bad now for complaining the entire trip because it really was a once-in-a-lifetime experience and something I will never forget!
*Surprising her for her birthday about 6 years ago when my sisters and I all met up with her in Vegas. I remember all 4 of us standing in front of the Bellagio water fountain and just watching the water show and my mom cried because she was so happy : )
*Having her here for my graduation from ASU, and then just a few months later to meet my very first kindergarten class : )
*Surprising her for her birthday last year and showing up at the restaurant she was at in Walnut Creek with the rest of my siblings. This was when she was able to meet Randy for the first time : ) She cried when she saw all of us waiting there for her : )
*Spending a whole week in New York with her and my sisters! Nothing but shopping, yummy food, and broadway shows every night!!

*Shopping for my wedding dress with her! : )
*Sitting in the bride’s room with her in the Mesa Temple on my wedding day, just minutes before I was sealed to Randy. We were both very emotional and there wasn’t a lot that was said, I think because it was so hard to put our feelings into words…but as she held my hand and said the few words that she did, I knew it would become one of my favorite memories with my mother and something I would never forget.


Happy Birthday, Mom! We will be thinking of you today and hoping that your special day is just as amazing as you are!! : ) XOXO

(Sorry for the long post…but my mom is really so incredible that it is impossible to sum up in fewer words how special she really is!)

11 comments:

Summer said...

Now your post made me cry Tiff. I loved all the stories and examples you shared. Except could you please remove the picture where your older sister looks like she might be giving birth any minute to a whale?!? I'm never getting pregnant again...

Summer said...

or at least never at the same time as Michele...

Faye said...

Wow Tiff! You really know how to get the tears flowing! I thought your kids singing Happy Birthday to me was pretty awesome - your blog post leaves me speechless. Between my sniffling and tears I am just feeling very blessed to have the wonderful family that I do. Thanks so much for all the kind thoughts and the happy walk down memory lane. I love you!

John said...

Wow, Summer looks like she had a couple dozen pancakes just before this picture was taken.

Michele said...

Summer, you might be surprised. I think Im that big now, and even if Im not I feel like I am and thats all that matters.

Briana said...

Tiff-I have to meet your family now. They sound too much like mine its funny. Your dads comments about the pancakes......so much like my dad :) I'm looking forward to August :)

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Ya I'm not even in your family and I'm crying. Can you say hormones? Mom's really are the greatest. I sure wish my mom lived closer.

Tanner said...

Frik why don’t we just have a contest to see who can make people cry the most on their blog postings

Tanner said...

Just kiddin Tip, helluva post for our madre!

John said...

Tanner,

Your mission president has been checkin out our blog.....he wants to know what "frik" means?

Tanner said...

I better work extra hard for him then. And when he does see how hard I bust my A out there he’ll be saying holy frik too, I think