Monday, October 12, 2009

Keepsakes and Memories and First Haircuts

One more thing about Madden turning 5 months old...it must be documented that at this age he got his
first haircut.
Nevermind if you can't even tell he got a haircut.
Hairs were cut from his little baby head.
That constitutes it being called a "haircut," doesn't it?

Randy has been wanting to cut Madden's long hair for a while now. But I love his long hair and have been too afraid to cut it.
A couple weeks ago, after bath time, we were combing Madden's hair and as I was tucking the long side pieces behind his cute little baby ears, Randy went and grabbed a pair of scissors.
With no warning.
He came right at Madden's head and just chopped those precious little baby hairs off from behind his ears.
I almost cried.
Then I took the little baby hairs Randy had cut off and put them in this cute little "Keepsakes and Memories" box that I have in Madden's nursery.


Randy about died laughing that I was keeping my baby's hair in a box in his room.
He called me a "stalker."
I tried to convince him that lots of mothers keep their baby's lockets of hair from their very first haircuts.
He didn't believe me.
And then he laughed some more.
So please prove him wrong and tell me that you did the same with your babies...

12 comments:

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

I have hair from all my babies first haircuts - now the question is....what should I do with it??

Amber Larsen said...

Madden is so cute. And, yes I cried at Connor's first haircut and kept hair from Kinsey's first haircut. I'm sad that I still haven't met Madden :(.

Cara said...

You are not a stalker. Silly Randy. His mom probably has his hair somewhere too. Cause you are not the only one that has done that. I have Ryken's and I am sure to have Cy's too whenever he gets enough hair to cut. :)

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Absolutely. I have hair in Sage's memory book, and will do the exact same thing with the rest of my kids!

Anonymous said...

It's true. My mom still has locks of my hair from when I was little. That's 25 years!

Lewis Family said...

Yep I have Teagan's hair from his first hair cut. Tell Randy you are not a Stalker. Now if you keep it again then he has full rights to call you that. haha J/K.

Janelle said...

This is hilarious. And you are totally normal. I'm pretty sure my mom saved just about every "first" of all her kids: first hair cut, first tooth, etc. Totally understandable behavior!

Randy said...

First, it doesn't constitue as a hair cut, I literally cut 5 strands of hair.... Second, all you mom's are stalkers.... :}

fuz&michelle said...

...you are a stalker!! :) jk I didn't keep Nash's but I did take before, during and after pictures! oh and my mom kept mine, i still have it in my baby box

Lynnette said...

I have those same boxes for Jackson :) I kept his hair too from his first cut, so tell Randy your not the only one.

MARE + 3= CRAZY!!! said...

The funniest part of this is that he called you a stalker. That is funny. But then you can tell him that you & about a katrillion other mom's are stalkers too. Nothing wrong with you Tiff, it's the norm... :)

Nancy said...

Yup.