Sunday, October 30, 2011

halloween 2011



For Halloween this year, Madden was a pirate, complete with mustache and (at his request) a parrot-on-the-shoulder.
He is officially at the age where he actually has an opinion about his halloween costume, and he is really into pirates and specifically these pirate books:


Which is probably why he requested the parrot-on-the-shoulder, because Captain Braid Beard always has a parrot on his shoulder. So I had to add that little detail to the costume.

I realize I am biased, but I think he was the cutest pirate ever. :)


Our weekend was filled with all kinds of Halloween fun...

first, a family visit to our favorite pumpkin farm, Bengstons



then, the halloween carnival at midwestern university

and last, our annual ward trunk-or-treat party


I've decided that until Madden is old enough to really realize that kids actually go trick-or-treating door to door on the 31st, we will just let him keep thinking that Halloween is the ward party and trunk-or-treat the weekend before.

I've also decided that 90% of his candy should go to Mom and Dad.
Cuz what 2 year old is seriously allowed to eat a huge bucket full of candy!?
In the morning when Madden asked for his pumpkin bucket and Randy gave him his bucket with a mere 3 pieces of candy in it, Madden looked in it and immediately rejected it and furrowed his eyebrows and said "no Dad, I want ALL the candies!"

9 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

those are so cute. Cutest pirate ever.

Tiffany said...

Oh, so its not just me then, Marianne?? He really was the cutest pirate ever?

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

I love him! He is so big! Cutest pirate I know! looks fun Tiffany!

Mrs. McCarthy said...

your son has some serious style! He is so cute!!

Faye said...

DEFINITELY - the cutest pirate ever! I LOVE the costume, the mustache and parrot are too funny.

annalisa said...

I am still so sad we missed all of these things this year!! Our last Halloween in Chi town! I'm glad you guys took advantage of all of it!! And seriously, he is the cutest pirate ever!! I LOVE those books. Addie loves those books!! They are so great!

Nancy said...

Love this. Love his costume!!!! SO SWEET!!!

John said...

Even though Mom accused me of NEVER! taking you kids trick-or-treating....(she may be right) I would definetly go with my grandkids....great costume Tiff.

robyne said...

Madden is so cute, I love that he asked for a mustache! He is growing so fast, I miss you guys!