Mr. Madden is 5 months old today!
He is rolling over all the time...it is impossible to lay him on his back anywhere without him rolling over onto his stomach 2 seconds later.
He still sleeps 7 hours at night. When does this get better? I thought by now he would be sleeping a longer stretch at night...Nope. Will only sleep 7 hours. Then wakes up to eat and goes back to sleep for 3 more hours.
Still loves the BOB and takes an hour nap in it everyday while mommy jogs.
Does not like to nap in his crib...does not like to nap period. Only in the BOB or while driving in the car. Other than that, he doesn't really like napping.
He loves his bouncer/jumparoo thing-a-ma-jiggy (thanks Ashley!)
He just recently figured out how to grab his toes and likes to pull them all the way up to his mouth...and sometimes put them inside his mouth. Nice.
He tried rice cereal about a month ago for the first time and hated it. Seriously, hated it. Made faces like he was going to dry heave and spit it all back out. After a couple more tries, we switched to oatmeal, which he seems to like much better.
He is always super happy and smiley in the mornings. I love it! It is my favorite time of day with him! :)
He is not as happy and smiley in the evenings. This is his fussy time. He usually looks like this:

Maybe his lack of napping well during the day has something to do with his fussy evenings...
He is still not too sure about bath time...which I find odd. Don't most babies love bath time? Not Madden. He furrows his eyebrows the whole time with this serious look on his face and looks at us like "what is going on?" We have to smile at him and talk to him and reassure him throughout the entire bath or he will start crying.
He still loves to suck on his fingers. And still refuses to take a binky.
He drools constantly these days..so bad that it has given him a little rash under his chin. So he wears bibs all the time now.
He has been teething for a while now...but no teeth yet.
He still loves his Tiny Love mobile and watches it everynight when he goes to bed.
He is babbling and cooing and making new noises everyday. He is so fascinated by the sound of his own voice. He makes the most adorable noises...it sounds like he is singing to us. I love it!
He can hold his own bottle sometimes and I think it's so cute...it makes him look so grown up!
He loves to be outside. Anytime he is being fussy and we are inside, all I have to do it step out onto the back porch and he immediately stops.













7 comments:
What a cutie!!! I love his faces when trying the oatmeal. Sage wasn't a fan of that stuff either. And....I must be super lucky because Charly sleeps 8 hours a night already! Neiner neiner. ;-)
He is seriously so ADORABLE!!!! I loved all the pics. He is at such a fun age! Rick and I were just saying how we can't imagine our life with out our kids. They are such a special gift:)I just wish they didn't grow up so fast! Keep trying with the cereal that might make him sleep longer at night. Can't believe that he is already 5 mths....WoW!!
He is getting so big and adorable! I would totally never introduce the binky again, Aspyn was never into it either and so i just gave up and it was the best thing i ever did! I see all these 2 year olds hooked to theirs and am so thankful i don't have to worry about taking hers away:), so consider it a blessing!
Oh he is so cute! Do consider it a blessing that he does not take a binky! My oldest had sleep problems and i loved the book good night sleep tight by kim west! It was such a help to me! If my oldest slept 7 hours at night at that age it was a HUGE blessing! Loved the cereal faces! Mine loved oatmeal way better too!!
Where does time go?! I love his cereal faces. Well he's super cute and I hope he starts liking nap time! That's Mommy time!!
I agree that nap time is mommy time. Wish I had some of it too. I feel for you in that department. Madden is so darn cute. He looks so much older to me than 5 months. But it is crazy that he is already that old. :) Those are some great faces he makes when eating. I can't wait to see how Cy does with it. lol! Man I miss you B! We for sure need to all get together next time you are in AZ.
Great post and cute pics!! Don't you love the Bumbo?!
Post a Comment