...official training for the Chicago Half Marathon, that is!
The weather here is perfect for running
I have reached the 8-week mark since my C-section
I bought an infant seat adapter for my BOB stroller
I mapped out a 10-week training schedule
I have a friend who wants to run the half with me
AND
I have already registered for the race
So I have no more excuses!
Today I only ran 3 miles...and it was hella hard...13.1 miles feels impossible to me at this moment! But I have 10 more weeks to work my way up to that...September 13th is the big day!
I know running the half may not be as big an accomplishment as running the full in San Francisco, but I like to think that running a half just 4 months after a baby/surgery is pretty much the same thing...right!?
The course is all along the famously beautiful Lakeshore Drive in Chicago, which I have always wanted to run on! And when Randy and Madden are waiting at the finish line to cheer me on, I am sure all the pain will be worth it! :)




7 comments:
Good for you, you crazy girl! Nothing like a deadline to get yourself in shape! I need one!
Yea!!!!! I so wish I could run it with you. I am debating on the PF Changs again....you think I could be ready if I have her in August? I figure if I start training in October, that gives me three months. Doable, right? Want to do it w/ me?????
Wow, I am really impressed! Maybe ONE day I will be motivated to do a 1/2 marathon too.
It looks like you are really enjoying your new home. I am jealous you live there. I love Chicago.
my baby (that i birthed at least) is 18 months old, and running 3 miles feels impossible to me. you are hella crazy sister, but im proud of you.
Way to go Tiff - I still wish you could manage to pass your running enthusiasm over to me - just a little.
You rock Tip
nice job! i did 2 miles the other day and felt like I was about to vomit! haha I am so out of shape, maybe if I sign up for a marathon I will be more motivated to keep trying. Good for you, and your little guy is cute by the way. :)
Post a Comment