Monday, February 11, 2013

Love Week 2013, Day 4



Today I love that last night when I tucked Madden into bed he asked me to sing to him and his bedtime song request was "Call Me Maybe."
I might have fallen asleep last night laughing to myself about that one.
Weird kid...


But, in his defense, we were watching the Grammys right before bedtime.


And speaking of the Grammys, I am NOT a Rihanna fan...BUT how gorgeous is the side view of her red dress?
(front view?? not so gorgeous)


And the ONLY reason I am including her picture in this Love Week post is because I fell in LOVE with the song she sang at the Grammys last night!
I'd never heard it before and I immediately downloaded it on itunes and have been listening to it on repeat ever since.
Its a slow ballad-like song and it is such a pretty song!
You should download it.
Its called "Stay."


I think every single year during Love Week I have included my annual valentines sugar cookies as one of my major loves.
Cuz I love these things!
Madden is the spot light at pre-school tomorrow, which means he gets to bring treats for his class.
And since its Love Week how could I not make heart shaped valentines sugar cookies!?



I also love cozy sweaters and flannels on a rainy day.
I know just a couple days ago I was proclaiming my love for sunny, warm park weather, but all the sudden its chilly and rainy outside.
And those days are fun sometimes too.
Especially cuz it usually means I never take off this ridiculously warm, comfy, oversized sweater.
Its from Old Navy and I totally copied my sister and had to have one when I saw hers cuz I loved it so much.
Best purchase I've made all winter.
Hands down.



And if its rainy and cold outside, then that means something yummy and warm for dinner is usually cooking on the stove.
Tonight it was a repeat of the delicious meal my husband made for me last week.
I don't even know what all is in this stuff, but it is delicious!
Its some kind of lentil-sausage-carrot-potatoe type of soup...all I know is its my new fave meal!
And not just because my husband is always the one to make it (which I also love) but because its so freaking good!



But one of my biggest Monday loves????
Of course!
Best season they've had in a really really really long time
(and I would know, peeps, cuz I watch every.single.season)



stay tuned for more loves throughout the week...

2 comments:

Carly said...

Love that sweater!! And those cookies look SO good. You are the master of sugar cookies!

Faye said...

I'm making your sugar cookies Thursday - hope they turn out as good as yours.