Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love Week 2013, Day 7, Valentine's Day!


I don't know what it was about this valentines day of 2013, but it might go down as one of the best valentines days I've ever had.
I don't even know why...but my heart was just so happy today!
And not cuz I got some awesome blow-your-mind valentines day gift.
(Randy and I have never been big gift-givers on Valentine's day)
And not cuz I did anything super duper out of the ordinary.
(we didn't even go out on a date tonight...thats tomorrow night)
It was just a simple day shared with my 2 valentines and filled with special little things...


The day started with some heart pancakes for Madden before preschool...



When I dropped Madden off at preschool for his valentines party, I told him I'd have a special valentines surprise for him when I picked him up.
He then informed me that my valentines surprise was waiting for me on the fridge when I got home.
I came home to find he had arranged all the instagram magnets into a heart for me ;)



I got ready for the day, and was excited to wear my valentines sweater.
(or as Randy likes to call it, my care bear sweater)
Oh yeah, and my Madewell boyfriend jeans I got for $14 instead of $125!



When I picked Madden up from preschool he was SO excited about his valentines balloon I bought for him!
Then we drove to pick up Randy from work and had lunch with him at Firehouse Subs.
After we dropped Randy back off at work, we headed home and I took Madden for a bike ride where we ended up at the volleyball sand pit (aka Maddens very own ginormous sandbox)
Where I enjoyed my diet cherry coke in the 68 degree sunshine and Madden ran around and played with his superheroes in the sand.




For dinner, Madden got heart sandwiches, pink and white animal cookies, and pink lemonade...



Randy and I got lobster bisque and steak with gorgonzola cream sauce and mushrooms...mmmmmm



And tomorrow, we'll get some alone time when we leave Madden at home with Uncle Tanner and Aunt Josie and go out on a hot date :)



I just love these 2 so much!
So much that I feel like my heart could explode on this mushy gushy love day!!!



Hope you all had a happy valentines day and a love week that left your heart as happy and bursting with love as mine :)
xoxo

1 comment:

Carly said...

What a great way to round out love week! So happy Madden liked the Valentines from the girlies. He is such a cutie!