About a month ago, Madden was super super sick.
He would run a fever all night long and wake up crying all night and all he wanted was for mom and dad to hold him.
It was heartbreaking.
And Randy and I are suckers for a sick baby.
So we totally broke our YOU-CAN'T-SLEEP-IN-MOM-AND-DADS-BED rule and let him sleep with us for a few nights until he was better.
Bad idea.
Now we've created a habit that we can't reverse.
I've always prided myself on the fact that we weren't "those parents" who let their kids sleep in bed with them every night.
(not that I'm judging you if you are "those parents")
I mean, besides the fact that our queen size bed isn't big enough, and besides the fact that mom and dad need privacy sometimes
(wink, wink)...
Besides all that...Madden is THE WORST sleeping companion EVER!
He punches.
He kicks.
He grinds his teeth in his sleep.
He steals the covers.
He farts in his sleep.
He snores ridiculously loud.
He's like a tiny little old man!
I can't even sleep when he's in bed with us!
Sometimes, when he comes to get in bed with us in the middle of the night, I'll be too tired to take him back to his own bed so I'll just let him climb in our bed.
But then the snoring and the kicking and the teeth grinding all get to be TOO MUCH so I get up and carry him to his own bed asleep.
But without fail, he eventually wakes up and comes back to our room and climbs back in bed with us.
I don't know how to fix this and its driving me insane!
We've tried letting him pick a special toy to take to bed every night that he can only sleep with if he stays in his own bed, we've tried bribing him with a new toy he got to pick out at the Disney Store for sleeping in his own bed, we've tried letting him sleep with his bedroom light on all night since he started saying he was scared of the dark...
But then this morning when I asked him why he got in bed with us last night, he just smiled and said "because I like you guys!"
What am I supposed to say to that!?
4 comments:
Oh...I'm so sorry! Greyson was a nighttime visitor for a couple of months. I thought I was never going to get sleep again. However, he just miraculously stopped doing it. I don't have any advice, but I'll pray that it is just a phase. A lack of sleep is the worst!!!
Naomi has been getting into bed with me every night while I've been here. Madden would have a tough time beating her in the perpetual motion category. Honestly, how can anyone actually sleep while they are kicking?!! Pretty funny because I am just here for a week. I don't know what to tell you.
Oh yikes. I'd die! But his answer is awesome. And seriously, what can you say to that?!
Instead of letting Jase get in our bed I just go lay in his with him and then sneak out when he falls asleep. Oh and bribe him with treats if he stays in his bed :)
Post a Comment