Wednesday, August 19, 2015

a week with my sisters

** August 3-7, 2015 **


My sister Summer recently had another baby...and originally, I was planning on making a trip up to Oregon to meet baby Max.
But when I bought my new house, Summer said she really wanted to make a trip out here with Max so that she could see my house.
And since Shel wanted to meet Max and see the new house too, she arranged to come out to AZ the same week.
We rarely get to be together JUST the sisters, so it was perfect.
They both brought their youngest (Max, 3 months and Riggs, just a few months younger than Beckett), so there wasn't much we could get out and do with 3 little babies in tow who were all on opposite nap schedules.
So we did what we do best...ate tons of yummy food, made treats, drank lots of diet coke, watched movies, and stayed up way too late talking every night.
And I mean WAY too late.
Like til 2 am and 3 am and then the next day we would all want naps!
So basically, by the end of our week together, I had gained 5 lbs and was completely exhausted.
Totes worth it.


Riggy boy LOVED his Aunt Tippy!


And his mama's diet coke...


Beckett loved his new baby cousin Max...


Riggs and Beck loved playing in the water in the backyard about 10x a day


And eating otter pops about 5x a day


Right after I snapped these pics of them, I totally had this deja vu moment and remembered taking a very similar pic of their older brothers, Boston & Madden, when they were about the same age...


Whenever I think of how much I love my sisters, I always think of that line in Little Women where Amy asks Jo if she loves Laurie more than she loves her sisters. 
And Jo laughs and says, "I could never love anyone as I love my sisters!"


Thanks for coming out to visit, Shel & Sum!
Miss you and your babies already!
xoxo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I love little women! I love that line too, we say it all the time. So fun to have them visit!