Wednesday, August 12, 2015

feeling thankful

** April 8, 2015 **




This news headline on the Today show caught my eye this morning.
Study results showed that patients with spinal stenosis got just as much pain relief from 6 months of physical therapy as they did from major back surgery.
It was one year ago this month that I got my MRI results showing a bulging disc and spinal stenosis, a result of back pain at the end of my pregnancy.
When the pain was at its worst, so bad that I couldn't get out of bed or pick up my baby or sit down, I remember crying and begging for Randy to let me get back surgery.
But he told me to give physical therapy a full year before looking into surgery.
And I'm so glad he did.
One year later, and I am so happy to say I am completely pain free.
No more physical therapy.
No more pain killers.
Not even IBU.
I took my healthy body for granted before and now every day that I am able to go for a run, or pick up my 1 year old, or wrestle with my 5 year old, I'm just so thankful.
So very thankful...

No comments: